cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Lounge

Journeyman

Digital Lounge

Why does sprint charge a monthly fee for some games and not a "lifetime" subscription.

When you download games for the I-phone there is a small one time fee and that includes updates to the app.

I mean $ 3.99 A MONTH for a GAME are you KIDDING ? ! ? !

Bejewled has NO lifetime And if it did its like $ 7.99 ( thats not a lot ) but WAY MORE THAN I-PHONE APPS .

AND the I-PHONE games are much better.

AND :

TV still SUCKS

NAV FREEZES or doesnt know where I am. (yes i have the update)

NO T-9 OR persumptive text.

NO screenlock.

not the best texting keyboard ( the "?" placement sucks and that STUPID down arrow that one presses all the time !! )

No More VIBE when you get a new email

Anything else ??

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

music player has to reload music almost every time you en...

music player has to reload music almost every time you enter it regardless if you have added new music or powered phone off. cant even shuffle music correctly. no zoom for camera or an app to make it zoom. every time i get a new email it always goes to my yahoo email not the client with the new email it could atleast just go to main email screen every time you hit email that would be nice. text that doesnt bog few letters at a time then catches up just to see you have mistyped. then you have to go thru the process of trying to place cursor of misspelled word to correct if auto correct isnt right which usually isnt. if you run two words together auto correct will not let you just put a space in between if on most of time. VIDEOS still do NOT work from news etc. volume level is so low for headphones even with hack you cant hear well on them if your near traffic etc. no icons for apps added to favorites. all have silly looking ps2 controller icon. not even 1 other color choice for a theme. cant add a speed dial to the favorites screen just text shortcut. miss texts and phone calls if email is updating or browsing the web with opera or default web browser. can not save images from web. no qwerty keyboard except for landscape one. just able to add 12 favs to favorite page. im rambling... just a few off top of head...

Journeyman

happen to love my Instinct....great value, does everythin...

happen to love my Instinct....great value, does everything I want it to do. I want a phone, not a "bragging rights" toy. Ive got apps....on my computer, Ive got great tv....on my 52" lcd, Ive got great sound...from my car stereo and I take perfect pictures with my Nikon Coolpix. My Instinct gives me perfectly working news, perfectly working navigation, perfectly working live search, great reception quality, and perfectly working email and calender

Journeyman

Re: Digital Lounge

Good for you for having a computer and a 52inch TV , but if you TV advertised that it had a great phone , dvd player built in I bet you would expect them to all work , not just the TV !!

And I but you expect your computer to do everything the ads and sales people said it would , why not expect the same from your phone ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Journeyman

Re: music player has to reload music almost every time you en...

@crash wrote:
every time i get a new email it always goes to my yahoo email not the client with the new email it could atleast just go to main email screen every time you hit email that would be nice.

Click the top near the blue star when something new comes in.

Journeyman

@unhappy wrote:

Good for you for having a computer and a 52inch TV , but if you TV advertised that it had a great phone , dvd player built in I bet you would expect them to all work , not just the TV !!

You say that like everyone else should be surprised and you are the only one that knows there are problems...

Journeyman

no , im just responding to troy

Journeyman

unhappy-sell your instinct buy an iphone or don't, or whine and cry and be dissatisfied w/your phone.

You complain about the SAME THING every thread you start. I'm beginning to doubt you even own an instinct anymore, you know so much about iphone prices you should already have one.

Journeyman

FOOD FOR THOUGHT !!

why do we keep whining about the same thing ??????

BECAUSE IT DOES NOT GET FIXED !!!!!!!

i would LOVE to have no reason to whine about the instinct .. I WOULD LOVE IT.

This phone has real issues that DON'T get resolved...

and for the 30 days .. SPRINT kept saying updates are coming out .. keep you phone , the updates will resolve issues.

LOOKING BACK - bad decision YES , Guess I trusted sprint too much at the time

Journeyman

SO , let me understand only people who like their phone are allowed to use this site ??

NO crash and I are not the same perosn.

Hopefully what people say negitave about this phone will be passed on to sprint by will or sarah and improvements will be made !

Highlighted
Journeyman

@unhappy wrote:

SO , let me understand only people who like their phone are allowed to use this site ??

If you don't like the phone, what do you expect other users of the same phone to do about it? If you want customer service, call customer service.

Journeyman

Re: happen to love my Instinct....great value, does everythin...

@troyboytn wrote:
happen to love my Instinct....great value, does everything I want it to do. I want a phone, not a "bragging rights" toy. Ive got apps....on my computer, Ive got great tv....on my 52" lcd, Ive got great sound...from my car stereo and I take perfect pictures with my Nikon Coolpix. My Instinct gives me perfectly working news, perfectly working navigation, perfectly working live search, great reception quality, and perfectly working email and calender

Good point. But tell me this, if you were getting horrible picture from your 52" lcd, wouldn't you take it back? Oooh, much worse, what if the company which made the tv said they would be sending updates over the air and you wouldn't have to bother with bringing it in to the store. I mean let's face it, who wants to go through a hassle if they don't have to right?

But, but, but, the catch is the updates are not clearly defined and then by the time you received an update which cleared up some of your problems you were already past your 30 day time frame to return the television set. Wouldn't you be at least a little hot under the collar?

All of this is hypothetical of course, but the expectation is always for a customer to get what was advertised. If Sprint just did a simple advertising scheme and didn't tout the Instinct as the next greatest phone since iphone, then they wouldn't be held to such a ridiculous standard.

Great deal on a good phone, but certainly not what I thought when I was getting it and my perception based entirely on advertising.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat