cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think anyone but Will or Sarah actually knows or cares about the Insticnt issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you think anyone but Will or Sarah actually knows or cares about the Insticnt issues?

Please understand that this is not a slam of either Will or Sarah, they are the only two that try to help us here. I was just wondering if Dan or anyone else at Sprint knows or even cares about the issues with the Instinct. I understand about product roll out and issues associated there with. I am talking about the known continuing issues, everything from poor video quality to calls being dropped and everything in between. When it first came out it was called a smartphone and touted as an "iphone killer", Sprints words, not mine. As we have seen since the release of this phone, they have quietly removed both adjectives from the description of this phone. This phone has got to be one of the greatest disappointments for Sprint customers, not so sure about Sprint(they made a ton of money on this phone). I guess I am just wondering how many others really feel that this phone has failed, in one advertisedaspect or another since being released. Now I don't need a million responses to this post, I just wanted this to be said. If so many of us are that unhappy with the phone, why hasn't a concerted effort been made to have our unified voices heard by Sprint? Sure, they my respond, they may not, doesn't matter to me either way. I just think if there were an organized plan to get the word to Sprint, would it really make a difference or would it fall on deaf ears? Would Sprint then try to correct some/all of the issues with the phone.

Ah, well, just asking...

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Sprint still thinks the phone is perfect and we are all whiners who expect too much from our phones. The CSR's still don't know how to walk us thru any of the issues, Or even admit there are any. The phone is a complete failure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I personally, feel that in its present state....a year after release, that the Instinct is a complete failure. We would all have to admit, however, that it is incredibly easy to figure out and to use, especially for those who are technically challenged. My guess is that most of the thousands and thousands of Instinct users never cared about apps and or competing with the iphone. To those people, the Instnct was a cool looking touchscreen that wasnt complicated to use, so I dont believe it is a complete failure. We here, the ones that wanted Sprint to live up to its initial hype, are the minority, but its still a failure in my eyes.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

We do report the issues to the device team.  The device team engages Samsung for some of the issues.  However, we don't get a lot of feedback on next steps until they are nearly ready to release an MR.  Frustrating for us and especially for you. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

We do report the issues to the device team. The device team engages Samsung for some of the issues. However, we don't get a lot of feedback on next steps until they are nearly ready to release an MR. Frustrating for us and especially for you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frustrating LOL I would love to use a more colorful verb, but I thankfully dodged the Instinct bullet, but I have been a PDA/WinMo guy for years so never even look at the new and exciting "toys". But my wife and her "Starbucks entourage" are always wanting the newest little trinket. Not this time honey, thankfully I convinced her otherwise. But her GF's are emailing me abouth the problems they have had since they boiught theirs and I admit some of my guy friends bought them only to cry in theirs beers and suck it up and go lay downsome more coin for a new phone. I always wait at least 6 months toa year when a new device is released. Let them "lemmings" flock to the new shiny toy, and see what happens. But I do feel for u Sprint employees, some of your are highly capable and intelligent, but the lowest common denominator seems to be the "non-techie" employee who quite frankly woulod have a hard time swapping a rom, let alone being able to communicate technical informationto a customer, even if they used the "sprint playbook" lol. Good luck and god bless ya at least you guys are trying, but hire more technical people, less "feel good" employees, and close the **bleep** retail outlets, your bleeding money ate the stores, wtih the reps there only wanting to get their sales and make a buck. Frankly I have found all retail reps to only care about the sale. My cousin just bought a phone and I went wioth her and the rep blatantly lied to her, really. I challenged he brought over his manager and the manager lied. Crazy, I called Customer Care got a manager then handed off the phone to the store manager so the Customer Care guy could tell the retail mgr to stop lying. LOL should have videoed it and put it on Youtube. Cheers!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Edited: (due to ranting about howfrustrated I'm getting about the lack of support.)

I'm sure if Will or Sarah could, they'd fix all our problems, but they can't, and caring one way or another isn't going to change that.

The development team, or the Device team is probably working on something completely unrelated to our issues, like the issues caused by the last debacle called MR6. Don't expect any miracles from these folks, been herelong enough to know this much, but hey, they could actually surprise us..............and I've probably said that 5 or6 updates now, so....hopefully they can fix what they messed up.

Message Edited by goygacon on 07-08-2009 08:16 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat