cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how to password protect information on the Instinct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anybody know how to password protect information on the Instinct?

Hey does anybody know how you can password protect your e-mail, texts, and visual voice mail on the Instinct?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Does anybody know how to password protect information on the Instinct?

I already raised the privacy issue in other threats...

In any case, the only one way I protect myself with this new phone is to lock it everytime (turn auto lock on). That really sucks!

I wish I could individually lock each features separately - visual voicemail, email, text message, etc...

Journeyman

I have the same frustration. A phone that DOES so much NE...

I have the same frustration. A phone that DOES so much NEEDS to be easily, selectively secured. With my old phone it was no big deal to toss it to a friend and let 'em make a call or two. With quick email access, etc, this is like handing out state secrets!

Journeyman

Hmm i dnt understand. Does the whole phone lock and then...

Hmm i dnt understand. Does the whole phone lock and then you unlock it with a number that will give you access to the whole phone?

Journeyman

Re: Hmm i dnt understand. Does the whole phone lock and then...

Yes, I have set up my Instinct to lock after inactivity or when pressing the power button. When you press the power button again to unlock it, it shows with a nice big number pad to key in the numeric password. It is all one-handed and fast. No hassle at all!

Journeyman

Re: Hmm i dnt understand. Does the whole phone lock and then...

It's not a hassle to lock/unlock the phone.

The problem is that once it's unlocked, you can't just lend your phone to your bro/sis/friend to use because now, they can look at all your email, messages, visual voicemail, etc... That really sucks ! It's not that hard to add in a lock for every feature that needs to be locked/unlocked. They already have this ability for voice, web, etc....

Journeyman

ooo, yeah Iphone's the same way and nobody has ever compl...

ooo, yeah Iphone's the same way and nobody has ever complained about that. All windows mobile devices are the same and I think maybe everyone is getting a little too picky lol

Journeyman

i agree people see an incredible device and try to pick i...

i agree people see an incredible device and try to pick it apart the instinct is the best phone in the states right now.hands down.

Journeyman

No doubt, it is the best! Why not make it better? Critici...

No doubt, it is the best! Why not make it better? Criticism isn't necessarily negative.

Patron

I totally agree. I brought that up in a post I created, b...

I totally agree. I brought that up in a post I created, but I kind of worded it wrong, so no one really understood what I meant. I think that there should be a full lock feature to lock everything therefor, when someone is playing around w/ it they can't see all of my business. Also, I'm kind of annoyed that you can answer a call on a locked phone. All of my other phones did not do this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat