cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when the instinct is going to get any new apps ?

Journeyman

Does anyone know when the instinct is going to get any new apps ?

24 REPLIES 24
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Does anyone know when the instinct is going to get any new apps ?

There's currently 83 new games on the Sprint Digital Lounge, along with a half-a-dozen other applications.

http://sprint.com/digitallounge

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont see the new apps you speak of. I see a bunch of weird TV and music crap that I have no need for. I also see that everything has a monthly charge.

Message Edited by iStink on 10-23-2008 12:31 PM

Master

@iStink wrote:
I dont see the new apps you speak of. I see a bunch of weird TV and music crap that I have no need for. I also see that everything has a monthly charge.
Message Edited by iStink on 10-23-2008 12:31 PM

@wengla02 wrote:

Specifically, you do this:

Go to Sprint.com

in the lower right corner, go to 'Visit the Digital Lounge'

Click 'Games' in the center

Click 'By Publisher' in the center

You see all 83 games.

Other paths / filters cut my list down to 16.

I've pinged the Digital Lounge folks to see if we can make that a little simpler...

Once you click on one it gives you the option to perchase outright or P/Month. It would have been nice knowing we have waited for months for anything, To have some sort of fanfare.... "Long Awaited For- Finaly Here Games For The Instinct" Something along those lines would've been nice. No announcement of any kind It was found and posted here by a user.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Go to Digital Lounge at http://sprint.com/digitallounge then

Click 'Change guest device'

choose Instinct

Choose Games

Choose By Publisher

Yes, we do charge for our games and apps.  Some are one-time purchase, some are monthly fees.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

i said apps not games

Journeyman

Istink, the answer to your question onany new apps is "NO".

Thanks for pointing out the games, but they are not applications or any sort of tool. We (customers) are beyond thepoint of being distracted by the 'bling' of games.

And I agree with an earlier post. The Digital Lounge is a disaster of a web page (IE back button doesn't send you to the previous page viewed, you have to start over in your search if you go down the wrong path). Its just not intuitive and very unforgiving.

Also, as kind ofa sidebar (I dont want to hijack the thread), but as if the TV "application" wasnt slow enough, Sprint is doing a good enough job of slowing it down some more with useless advertising of programs available. Informative,YES!! Should I have to 'acknowledge' the message just to proceed with the application? NO!!!! This is forced advertising and I pay enough to Sprint that I dont feel I need to view adds in order to use the tool I am paying for.

The compromise, I feel, would be to not make it an extra step, but you can, for example, replace the stoopid "yellow loading circle" with the a screen saying "Watch Greys on ABC TV. Your requested media is loading..."

At least we are "learning" something as opposed to chasing a yellow circle and reducing user taps in the process.

Wizard

yes, apps please. I am not interested in games that cost me lots o' money to own. There are now two app stores out there that have most applications free, and the announcement of a third for the new blackberry. Sprint can not honestly ignore this and continue doing business the way that they have been for a long time. (although it certainly looks like they will). Don't get me wrong, I like this phone just fine, but I want my company that I have been investing in for over 10 years to stay ahead of the game and have satisfied customers. Sprint has the best plans, the best coverage, the best network, why let a terribly small company with poor coverage like T-mobile snatch business away? Hopefully MR4 will aleviate some of these issues, but the developer's fees seem like a large hurdle that could be easily removed if Dan@sprint wanted to deliver on his promise of making Sprint the best.

Journeyman

Great phone with reliable service BUT the demand for new...

Great phone with reliable service BUT the demand for new apps cannot be ignored as it has been for months. This phone was marketed to go head-to-head with a certain competitor that rhymes with "iPhone" but it cannot do that without any clear plans to offer all of the java-based apps available for other phones. I've been reading all the posts and blogs out there but the question remains: When will Sprint actually DO something to address the demand for useful apps. Not games, ring tones and wallpaper but real, worthwhile apps. If they can't or won't develop these, then please allow 3rd party apps to actually work on the Instinct. Such a great phone. Such a shame this one thing can't be overcome.

Journeyman

Re: Great phone with reliable service BUT the demand for new...

Not insulting instinct-software by any means here, but Sprints lounge is only games...seriously, when shopping for apps from the phone it's like the same 4 1/2 pages of the same 9 items on each page, that's not a promising look for those of us wanting more

from a phone we purchased almost 10 months ago, that were promised things to come in a big way, still waiting on the delivery.

Is anyone working on ANY apps at all? Discouraging if your always checking for the new added item and only see the same 4 1/2 pages...

Games? Who said 80 something? I just counted 25 full pages of 9 from the shopping section of my phone...that's 225 possible games minus the half dozen demos....Far cry from 4 1/2 pages of apps that hasn't changed in months...

Kudos to the locked down developers at instinct software for attempting what Sprint should or could be doing...Useless, useful, we just want apps guys...

Message Edited by goygacon on 04-11-2009 02:10 PM

Journeyman

When the API restrictions are lifted then more existing apps will (in theory) work with the Instinct. Also the current crop of developers will be able to do more with the phone then what they have in the last 10 months. Sprint is also conducting a webcast for developers on the s30, which I'm assuming will be for the Instinct as well, since they are basically the same device.

Keep in mind Apple doesn't make the apps the the app store. Sprint is opening the phone up. It's up to developers now.

Journeyman

No, I hear what your saying SG, in theory it sounds awesome, all we can do is wait and see what happens, I'm accustom to this, I know progress is slow, sometimes I post when I'm so tired, I'm not meaning to sound negative...

But then I remember how getting the java keyboard was supposed to be the answer to all we were hoping, only to find disappointment left and right when it came to apps...Many hours spent trying to find what works and doesn't...and the character limitation is the biggest drawback, sometimes I wonder if this wasn't done in spite of our petition....

Gets frustrating, all the waiting, but there's good times ahead, The developers we do have deserve this more than anyone...they're the patient one's in this for real...praying there isn't another catch 22 on the openess.

The webcast can clear up the certification and/or fee issues. I'm upbeat...time is on our side...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat