cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-MAIL DON'T WORK!!!! S7118 ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

E-MAIL DON'T WORK!!!! S7118 ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've been having this message on my phone well over a month. All Email accounts are not working on my phone & my password is not incorrect. Piece of crap phone keeps telling me my password is incorrect. SPRINT, FIX THIS CRAP ASAP.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! AND I'M PAYING FOR SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN, YET I'M LIMITED ON "EVERTHING". , I WANT A DISCOUNT ON MY NEXT BILL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

*Don't delete (thank you)

Message Edited by SickOlicious on 04-15-2009 01:58 PM
Message Edited by SarahKS on 04-15-2009 04:19 PM

15 REPLIES 15
Patron

Re: WTF!!!! E-MAIL DON'T WORK!!!! S7118 ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!

@SickOlicious wrote:

Well I've been having this message on my phone well over a month. All Email accounts are not working on my phone & my password is not incorrect. Piece of crap phone keeps telling me my password is incorrect. SPRING, FIX THIS CRAP ASAP.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! AND I'M PAYING FOR SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN, YET I'M LIMITED ON "EVERTHING". WTF, I WANT A FKNG' DISCOUNT ON MY NEXT BILL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

LOL I thought I was the only one about to go crazy about the email issue I've fallen into the "acceptance" stage because it's NEVER going to get corrected. I started a ticket 6 days ago and they couldn't solve it, so they said they'd call me back. Well they did call me back, but that wasn't to fix the "ticket" issue but actually an automated call just to see how the service was on the previous call. I hung up of course.
So far, Sprint TV and Radio are two features that I don't even use because they're so useless on the Instinct. Now my OWA email account is about to not be too far behind. Oh well, bring on the Pre.

Journeyman

Try deleting the accounts and installing them again.

Patron

@Sphinx wrote:
Try deleting the accounts and installing them again.
LOL You've got to be kidding. I've done that 1,000,001 times. It doesn't fix the issue...and neither does Sprint. And why should that even be considered a "fix"? That would be like having to jump start your car every day. Yeah, it solves the problem for that moment, but there are deeper issues that need to be taken care of.

Patron

ROFLMAO So I decided to follow up with my email issue and open ticket I have with Sprint. After spending 8:09 on hold, the representative sent me to a "technician". I was greeted with an automated voicemail to leave a message and callback number followed by a "we're sorry, that mailbox is full" and then was promptly disconnected.

I've never really had to get help from Sprint Customer Service because my phones were very basic in the past and only made and received calls, but I can now see why people complain about Sprint's customer service. This email issue is going on over a month of not being fixed and I can't even get a person to talk to me about it. LOL Oh well, things could be worse.

Journeyman

FIXED!

Temp Fix:

Deleted all email accounts and added them all over again. Seems to me that is the only way to fix this annyoying issue.

I still want a discount.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sick - just to warn you, it'll come back.

I went as far as to de-provision my phone and re-provision it.  Only fixed the password problem for a few hours. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

@wengla02 wrote:

Sick - just to warn you, it'll come back.

I went as far as to de-provision my phone and re-provision it. Only fixed the password problem for a few hours.

So what is being done about it and why do the reps/techs act like it's "news to them" when you bring it up?

Journeyman

Re: E-MAIL DON'T WORK!!!! S7118 ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback on this topic Wengla. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

I was just really agitated that this function didn't work when I tried to show

my friend how the email works compared to AT&T's LG Xenon.

Journeyman

So what is it that determines whether your password works or not? Mine didn't when I first got the phone but has mostly worked for the last several months. Except for one day when it said the password was wrong - then it has worked again since re-entering it once.

Journeyman

At least you don't have to turn your phone off, take the battery out and reset the phone after EACH AND EVERY EMAIL YOU SEND. Yeah... that's what I have to do. What a joke of a phone.

Journeyman

And here I thought recieving e-mails in bunches was a pain, now I had to redo my email accounts too...wrong passwords...not! Is Microsoft the only one's who got this phone right?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat