cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN app?

Journeyman

ESPN app?

I had the original instinct and it had a sports app which you could set up with your favorite teams and would show you only their scores.  I think the ESPN "app" that is stock on the HD is supposed to do the same, but when I choose it, it only goes to the espn website  through opera.
     When I first got the phone, all of the apps (weather.com, bloomberg, CNN and fandango) did a little update and they work fine now.  The ESPN app attempted to do the same when I started it, but someone called me in the middle of it's attempt and now it just routes me to the website.  Any link or help to get the app to work correctly would be appreciated

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: ESPN app?

54 Views and no replies?

I left out the fact that I am using the Instinct HD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's what I think happened.

When you entered the ESPN app your Opera Mobile updated because in all reality, the espn app is really only the mobile view of espn, and it opens with Opera Mobile. If your familiar with the Original Instinct, it was famous for opening mobile web versions as opposed to a Real App

Can you try something for me? when registering on the favorites team section...I try entering my phone number but my phone locks up completely forcing a battery pull each and every time....wanted to see if it was just my phone ( which wouldn't surprise me )

the area code is 618...can you input this in and see if your phone doesn't lock up when you enter the 8...I have a feeling it will.

If you could, it would be appreciated...

Journeyman

I tried it out using my area code "901" and it did just as you said on the 1.  Battery had to be pulled. 

Journeyman

ok...maybe it was the 1 locking it up...the 8 never appeared....

Strange indeed

Guess we can add this to the long list of fixes we can only hope to get...

Journeyman

I think its just the 3rd digit whatever it may be as the 1 never appeared on mine when i did it, it just locked up upon trying to enter it.  Like you said though, something we can only HOPE may get addressed in one of our HOPEFUL future updates.  Not getting an updated version of Opera is really the icing on the cake for this phone. The EVO looks great but its with Sprint so I imagine it will get the same sorry support as every other phone.

Message was edited by: jsevers76

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat