cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to put REAL Songs as your ringtone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Easy way to put REAL Songs as your ringtone

Go to www.myxer.com on your Instinct web browser.

Search for your favorite group or song

It will link you to download song (usually abbreviated)

Go to your ringer option under setting and scroll to the bottom...you will see your song

just select and your ready

I am happy that AC/DC is now playing everytime my phone rings

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Easy way to put REAL Songs as your ringtone

Highway to Hell ?

Journeyman

nice... thanks!

nice... thanks!

Patron

is this free ringtones that i wont get charged for?

Journeyman

@Mr.CSU2011 wrote:
is this free ringtones that i wont get charged for?

Creating the ringtone is free. Sending the ringtone to your phone is free (from Myxer.com's end). But if I recall correctly, you have to pay for the download.

The way myxer works is that when you create and send a ringtone to your phone, it actually sends a text message with a link in it to their download website. You then direct your phone browser to the download page and download it (as an mp3 was the way I always did it). But I do believe that I was charged for the download itself (the per kb usage was where my fees were assessed if I recall correctly).

Journeyman

Journeyman

OK, but what about if I want a ringtone they don't have on their list?

Master

@EstimatedProphet wrote:
OK, but what about if I want a ringtone they don't have on their list?

You can upload and create your own ringtone here, http://www.myxer.com/make/After you upload it you can Customize it and have it sent to your phone.

Journeyman

On Myxer, entering my phone number didn't see to get me the ringtone. I did manage to download it via the Instinct browser.

Question, Myxer also gives the option of texting the ringtone's number to69937. If you have Sprint's unlimited texting, is there somehow a charge for this?

Thanks

BigGrayBeast (finally bought the 3 Instincts)

Master

@BigGrayBeast wrote:

On Myxer, entering my phone number didn't see to get me the ringtone. I did manage to download it via the Instinct browser.

Question, Myxer also gives the option of texting the ringtone's number to69937. If you have Sprint's unlimited texting, is there somehow a charge for this?

Thanks

BigGrayBeast (finally bought the 3 Instincts)

As long as you are on the SEP, You have unlimited texting and unlimited data, So there is no charge. With outa text/data plan it is.20 for text and .03 per/kb

Journeyman

Thanks. Wasn't sure if there was a premium hidden away for those with 6 digits, or of Mymixer somehow charged, even for a free download delivered that way.

Journeyman

Am I the only one who hates myxer? The quality and volume of their ringtones are not nearly as good as mobile17.com's (which is what I've found to be my preference). Try making the same ringtone from mobile17 and myxer and compare the quality, you guys might end up liking m17 more.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat