cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Issue

Journeyman

Email Issue

How come EVERY month I have to delete and add back in my email? This is getting ridiculous. This and all the apps don't work to the exception error which is due to the internet being down, but it is not. This is from what someone else said about tech support. Can ANYONE give any insight to this email issue I get every month? Version # 6.9.3.377

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: Email Issue

Next time try this - Goto "Email Homepage>tap the Gears Icon>Remove Temporary Files>Refresh All Data".

The Email App keeps hidden temporary copies of files you've downloaded. When this happens It seems to bog down the app and it will give errors, Clearing it fixes it without having to delete and redo them.

Journeyman

Why are you having to remove then re-add your accounts.

Master

@bdroad wrote:
Why are you having to remove then re-add your accounts.

bdroad read my post above yours, The email APP will give us errors or tell us our password has changed and doing what I posted seems to fix those errors without having to delete them and start over.

Journeyman

Because the program stops recieving new emails for no rea...

Because the program stops recieving new emails for no reason.

Journeyman

Once again, I had to delete and redo my email (2nd time i...

Once again, I had to delete and redo my email (2nd time in 3 days). Can ANYONE at Sprint give me a reason why? I have posted this SAME problem on at least 3 occasions and nothing. ANYONE??

Journeyman

Re: Once again, I had to delete and redo my email (2nd time i...

Are you getting errors when you do the 'refresh all data' suggested above?

Journeyman

No errors, but after I do that and deleting temp files, e...

No errors, but after I do that and deleting temp files, email STILL does not download. Can someone from Sprint answer this problem? Because I have asked quite a few times since I added email and no answer. You answer the same questions asked in numerous other posts.

Journeyman

Re: No errors, but after I do that and deleting temp files, e...

I reported this months ago and still it's an ongoing issue. I think we might have better luck working directly with the guys at Seven. I emailed them awhile back with some problems and they responded very quickly.

http://www.seven.com

Journeyman

@pgus13 wrote:
No errors, but after I do that and deleting temp files, email STILL does not download. Can someone from Sprint answer this problem?

If you aren't getting errors at 'refresh all data' there's not much to go on as to what is going wrong. That step should download your current messages. I have 4 accounts (owa, yahoo and 2 imap) that have been working for months with only an occassional temporary connection error that clears itself or goes away with the refresh, so this in not something that affects everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lesmikesell wrote:

If you aren't getting errors at 'refresh all data' there's not much to go on as to what is going wrong. That step should download your current messages. I have 4 accounts (owa, yahoo and 2 imap) that have been working for months with only an occassional temporary connection error that clears itself or goes away with the refresh, so this in not something that affects everyone.

In my case, though I have email NOT to check or update, my email accounts keep popping up with new mail at random times. Sometimes nothing shows up, then suddenly I get the blinking blue star alerting me to new mail. I'd rather have the app follow its setting and show no new mail alert. It's not a big deal, but I am getting tired of following the alert thinking it's a call I missed or text message only to find out it's an email message.

Journeyman

I understand intermittent problems but there was 1 occasi...

I understand intermittent problems but there was 1 occasion I didn't get anything for 3 days and tried deleting then resetting up my AOL and everything downloaded.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat