cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Running Constantly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email Running Constantly

My emails are continuously arriving in my inbox which is running down my battery. Is there a way to set it up to only receive emails when I request them?

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Email Running Constantly

I think you'll have to do this for each email address you've setup....someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Click on the icon next to the email ( the one with the envelope) -> click on the settings button -> slide the "Auto-recieve" and the "Tell Me I have mail" choices to "off".

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Email Running Constantly

Correct - you can change the settings per email account.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

think you'll have to do this for each email address you'v...

think you'll have to do this for each email address you've setup....someone correct me if I'm wrong. Click on the icon next to the email ( the one with the envelope) -> click on the settings button -> slide the "Auto-recieve" and the "Tell Me I have mail" choices to "off". Posted by: DesiC 2 months ago DesiC thank you for the tip...it has been driving me nuts trying to figure that one out. I kept going to the gears button and not seeing it. I kept taking my email off cause the constant reminder was driving me crazy. Now you have fixed it for me. Thanks so much!!!

Journeyman

Re: think you'll have to do this for each email address you'v...

I have same problem. I have 3 email accounts setup on my phone and each account has. Gmail, hotmail and roadrunner. Atleast once a week i get notified that I have email. I have the "tell me I have mail and auto-receive" but turned off all all of my accounts. I can't be the only one with this notification and push email problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat