cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error S7118

Patron

Error S7118

I just tried to check my AOL email and kept getting prompted to input my password. Since it didn't accept it, I deleted the account and tried to start fresh, but no luck. All i get is "Unable to log in to this account. Please check your username and password and try again". Is it AOL or Sprint?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Error S7118

It's a Sprint issue, Just keep trying eventually it will work. I go thru this about once a month. In the meantime do this;

Open the Email APP and tap the "Gears" icon on the top, Tap "Remove Temporary Files" "Refresh All Data" in that order. Then try and see if it works.

Patron

I read that response from another post and tried it befor...

I read that response from another post and tried it before I posted... no luck so far, but I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Journeyman

same issue i am trying to fix it too but what gives is th...

same issue i am trying to fix it too but what gives is the random or what ??? i missed a bunch of important e mails i lost business .

Journeyman

Re: same issue i am trying to fix it too but what gives is th...

My AOL mail is not working also. It happened after I did the MR5 update.

I deleted the account and now cannot log in. Error S7118

Journeyman

I have had the same problem since the inception of the In...

I have had the same problem since the inception of the Instinct. The only difference is I have this problem MUCH more since the beginning of Dec. This is bullsh!t. A little over a month ago, I had to reset it 3 TIMES IN ONE WEEK. I asked for a reason why from Sprint and I got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in response..

Journeyman

Re: Error S7118

Greetings all,

I have had this error plus tons of other ones in regards to email. I have never had a problem with AOL though. Mine has been with OWA. Never ever have I been able to view attachments on the "work" email. Randomly decides to check for new emails, manual refresh and boom there they are from a day ago. I have been on the phone with Sprint for hours upon hours with no resolution. Up to the point that Sprint offered the touch pro as a replacement. I have even contacted Seven (the email program provider, no resolution there either, not even a callback). I just cannot deal with the larger phone unless I wear it on my hip and that becomes a safety issue for me at work so I've been sticking it out with the instinct.The latest and greatest was not being able to accept a SSL certificate. Which according to my IT people has not changed at all for some time. Then deleting the account and trying to reconfigure brought about all sorts of errors. Then one day poof it reconfigured. I always go to my IT people first to make sure nothing is wrong or has changed from our end. After most of my conversations with Sprint Tech and Advance Tech I get the song and dance that if the internet is working on the phone, then Sprint has fulfilled it's obligation for the phone. That they cannot "find" any information on the errors because they are generic errors, and that "google" doesn't say anything about it either. So I feel your pain with these issuesThe above are facts about my expirence with Sprint support. Now if I may rant for the purpose that someone from Sprint may see this and pass it along.

If you are going to place other companies software on a phone and bundle it under your name, banner, or the such, then maybe you should have documentation on the software for support purposes. If not then establish a contractual agreement that the software company must provide support for the particular software, atleast to the point that it can be determined were the issue my exsist. Whether it be Sprint, the software company, or if it could be at the owners mail system. I understand you have no control over someone elses mail server, or parts of the interent, but if the problem does not originate at the mail server or internet then were else could it be? It seems that even for general phone issues tech must go and get the "only" instinct on hand and look at it to see if they can duplicate the problem. Many times I was promised a callback and never received them. The ones I did receive were to ask me if the problem was corrected. When I replied no the process would start all over. In short I think there is room forMUCH improvement.

Thanks for the avenue to explain and vent.

Journeyman

Re: same issue i am trying to fix it too but what gives is th...

My AIM mail is now working. Don't know how it got fixed, but it's fixed.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat