cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Radio app?

Journeyman

FM Radio app?

would this be possible? could the instinct pick up fm stations?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: FM Radio app?

Possible, Yes. Probable, No. When the Instinct first came out all the reports even samsungs website stated that the instinct had FM radio, I was disappointed after I purchased it that it didn't.

Journeyman

why is it not Probable?

Master

Well to have FM on the phone there would have to be a chip added onto the board that was most likley left off due to rushing it to market. There could be an accessory like the ipod fm radio remote for the instinct but it would have to have software installed on the phone and I don't think there is a big enough market for any third party to invest in it. I don't think sprint will when they have their radio on it, Which also could be a reason they left it off.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA070G/D

Journeyman

oh, i meant is it just possible for someone to whip up an FM Radio app real quick and have it useable. guess thats a no.

hmmm, listening online to my local radio though? dot think it comes through in RSTP though.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat