cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI about swaping phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI about swaping phones.

Just wanted to let anyone know that was thinking about changing phones and dumping their instink! I am now the proud owner of the Blackberry Curve, Love it. Does way more than what the instink does. I implore you to think about swapping over so that you can experience great 3rd party apps, TV that works, email that works and cool features. Hope this helps in your decision to dump the instink. Have a great day. If you'd like to know more let me know.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was past the 30 Day limit on my phone and Sprint was cery cooperative with me. I just explained that I was unhappy with my phone aservice and that I wanted a different phone for what I paid. They asked me to have my phone checked out at a sprint store, after I did that the rep was happy to make the swap. Sent the phone back yesterday and have a great phone now. I'm just tired of the wiating and anticipation to see if the features are ever gonna work. Its like a computer, wait too long and then the darn thing is out of date and obsolete.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not to mention that I have monitored this site since I switched and ever since this recent update I have seen more threads about what the person CAN'T do or what type of error that person is getting. I think that is rediculous for a customer to have that many problems. Especially when you have to sign up to a Simlpy everything plan and the *bleep* thing won't work? You all are getting screwed.

Highlighted
Patron

i have faith in my instinct now 😃 im staying

Highlighted
Patron

I'm sure it would be fun to swap if most of us weren't already past the 30-day limit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think my point has been made that this phone sucks very bad. More and more problems. Funn Sprint removed this thread yet I re posted so that you can see that my point has been made.

Highlighted
Patron

First, stop calling it "Instink." That immediately removes ANY legitimacy about the content of your post. I completely understand and agree about the main flaws with the instinct. But intentionally misspelling the name of the phone to match your distaste for it is just childish and immature.

Did Sprint drop the ball? Yes. Completely. But show the current owners and the official forums of the phone SOME repsect when you post here.

Cheers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your right.... we should be more considerate of the fact we're paying for services that don't work as ADVERTISED...we should sheepishly wait for the next update that'll create/release more bugs....ifhe's immature what does that make sprint....there were others in here that started out as defenders of all evil....guess what kind of phone they have now... a working one after bailing ....ALL current owners are experiencing this debacle.... some people choose to not sit on their hands and need to vent...the legitimacy is ...it is what it is..... theRESPECT he is showing probably pales in comparison to how he really feels... and what sprint deserves.....letus know when you've had it and change phones.

Instink.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally had it with the instinct and stayed with the diamond. I couldn't be happier! I liked the instinct so much it actually hurt to take it back. If it weren't for the little glitches and the uncertainty of updates, I prolly woulda stayed with the instinct. The diamond has it's flaws as well, but at least you can use what you pay for without hassle!

Peace

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hear a lot of ppl swapping out their phones (getting the curve instead of the instinct) but how is that comparable? don't you need a BIS/BES plan in addition to the simply everything plan for the curve in order to be able to use the RIM browser and e-mail app so the monthly fees would be higher for the curve??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Se let me get this right. I am immature because I think this phone stinks. As a long time customer of Sprint I expect better. Yet some people find this phone to be a "work in progress" ??? Are you kidding me? I find it more disrespectful that Sprint doesn't just offer a phone swap to their customers and admit that this phone sucks. Not every phone is perfect I get that but I laugh when I see the commercials on TV that claim this phone to be so spectacular. To those who have swapped phones, I hope you are happy now. In response to a different plan for the BB Curve, this is not true at all. Nothing has changed with my plan. The enterprise plans are for coorporate use mainly. Not really needed. As for the comments on my spelling of the INSTINK!!!! It is what it is. I believe the saying if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck. Good luck to the rest of you instink users.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think this is really accurate. The important fact about the BIS plan is that enables you to use the Blackberry browser which in turn is necessary to be able to install third party applications wirelessly. Without the BIS plan you can only install addtl software over the desktop software via cable and few software apps are intended for this. So if you can convince me that you can easily install any kind of software wirelessly on your blackberry without the RIM BIS plan then I would agree that it's the better buy. I mean am I misunderstanding something or overseeing some obvious way to get software onto a blackberr?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat