cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook + Opera Mini = problem?

Highlighted
Patron

Facebook + Opera Mini = problem?

Okay, so I'm checking out my FB page in the OM browser (not mobile mode) and the "applications" bar from FB is pretty much right in the middle of the screen covering pictures etc. and stretching across the entire page. Anyone know how to fix this? If you have FB, it's the grayish bar located at the bottom of your FB page with the "notifications, online status, etc."

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

That sounds like a problem with Opera Mine. If you are us...

That sounds like a problem with Opera Mine. If you are using the Beta version then report the bug to the Opera dev team.

Journeyman

Re: That sounds like a problem with Opera Mine. If you are us...

yep I have the same problem. I also cant update my status through OM.

Journeyman

Re: Facebook + Opera Mini = problem?

Try using x.facebook.com. It is the advanced mobile version. I just tried and was able to update my status. It lets you switch back to the regular site without logging back in.

Journeyman

yep x.facebook.com seems to work. The layout just takes a little getting used to.

Journeyman

After having played with it a bit more, I find that x.facebook.com has some redraw issues with OM. It seems to choke and render pages incorrectly on occasion.

Journeyman

Which version should I use? 4.1? Or 4.2 Beta?

Which version should I use? 4.1? Or 4.2 Beta?

Journeyman

Re: Which version should I use? 4.1? Or 4.2 Beta?

4.2 beta. 4.1 only loads once after install then hangs on subsequent tries.

Journeyman

Can you IM? I have a friend who has the iphone and it loo...

Can you IM? I have a friend who has the iphone and it looks just like the PC does. I have FB on my Instinct but it doesn't show who is online and you can't chat.

Journeyman

I had this same problem at first. Honestly, I can't tell you what changed, but eventually it stopped loading up with that bar in the middle. Now the bar just doesn't show up at all, but I'd rather that to it being in the middle. Try playing around with facebook, see if it goes away eventually.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat