cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Manager

Journeyman

File Manager

As far as I can tell, the Instinct does not have a file manager. Putting that disapointment to the side, there seems to be no way to find your downloaded images except when you want to apply them to the backdrop of the locked page. The image viewer also has very limeted options: there apears to be no way to delete a folder, move pictures from one folder to another, or create a folder with the phone itself. Does anyone know how I can move my pictures/files on the phone without a computer?

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: File Manager

mjsmiley wrote:
As far as I can tell, the Instinct does not have a file manager. Putting that disapointment to the side, there seems to be no way to find your downloaded images except when you want to apply them to the backdrop of the locked page. The image viewer also has very limeted options: there apears to be no way to delete a folder, move pictures from one folder to another, or create a folder with the phone itself. Does anyone know how I can move my pictures/files on the phone without a computer?

I agree about the file manager. I have not been able to navigate to something that I sent via Bluetooth, for example. It is there in the card, but how do I get to it?

As for images, you should be able to see them in Fun > My Photos > Saved. That folder is in your card.

And about the last question, that is also a mystery to me.

Journeyman

I believe the file manager is under the email page and yo...

I believe the file manager is under the email page and you can then click on file manager and open the corresponding pages for music docs pictures and so forth hopefuilly this helps.

Journeyman

Re: I believe the file manager is under the email page and yo...

ctrpunk wrote:
I believe the file manager is under the email page and you can then click on file manager and open the corresponding pages for music docs pictures and so forth hopefuilly this helps.

That's an odd and non-intuitive way. For emails, I can see the file manager. I'm referring to an overall file manager. If I send something via email, that's fine. What about those files sent via Bluetooth? How do we get to them? That's the issue for me.

Journeyman

Ya, I just spotted the email related file browser, seems...

Ya, I just spotted the email related file browser, seems it is geared towards grabbing an attachement for a new email. It at leasts starts to show you a list of what you have, still no real file managment functionality, but thanks for pointing it out ctrpunk.

Journeyman

Re: Ya, I just spotted the email related file browser, seems...

That's a good beginning. At least I can see what's there. However, I could not find a way to delete an unwanted file.

Journeyman

put your memorycard in your pc if you have one, make some...

put your memorycard in your pc if you have one, make some new folders, i called mine photos, videos, saved, private etc etc etc so when you want to use your pop3 emails you can see all folders and also choose which folder to open and which file to attach. this works well with picmail aswel,

Journeyman

Re: put your memorycard in your pc if you have one, make some...

I also discovered that using Bluetooth, I can actually navigate what's on my card and delete unwanted items.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.