cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Impressions?

Journeyman

First Impressions?

Instinct was made availabe today to people who signed up for the email alerts. Did anyone buy it yet? First impressions?

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: First Impressions?

It's very cool so far. Having a great time playing with it. I do have a serious issue with the music manager that's used as a kind of itunes-like thing. It will only add about 1/50th of my music, the rest of it it refuses to find. And then it gives me an error when I try to put most of those on the phone. I'm guessing this is a bug, that or Sprint's genious plan to get us to buy music on their store.

Journeyman

Just got one today. Seems to work pretty good, but having a problem with the camera. When I try to use it, it says "No Media file" for both still and video. Ugggg

WW1

Journeyman

Is that music by any chance drm protected? That might be one reason why its not being recognized.

Journeyman

bummer dude! stupid question, did you insert the memory card? I am guessing may be for taking pictures & videos it needs to have the memory card in place.

Journeyman

Yeah, memory card is in and I can transfer stuff to it, Music, video and other pics. Wondering if there needs to be some sort of logfile there. Wierd.

Journeyman

I stopped at sprint store to check Instinct phone. First impression,

1. look& feel is not as good as iPhone

2. has much less screen resolution than iPhone. If this phone is meant for multimedia features then should've better screen resolution

3. looks like Samsung & Sprint released this phone in a hurry to compete with iPhone. Ihope Instinct-2 might come with better specs.

Bottom line if you like to stay with Sprint, then Instinct might be good. But still not happy with service plan choice. Sprint forces you to go with 'Everything' plan, but they need to make it customizable so that one canexclude some options to keep the plan price down.

Gas prices are going up and so are the mobile plans....!!! My 2-cents.

Message Edited by sprint1999 on 06-19-2008 11:25 PM
Message Edited by sprint1999 on 06-19-2008 11:26 PM

Journeyman

I alsopurchased the phone on Thursday evening. I spent 4 hours trying to get my contacts synched. Apparently, Mobile Synch isn't up and running.because it can't be accessed to upload a .cvs file nor can it synch the few contacts that I did enter on my phone. Sprint also does not allow any plan except the $99.99 simply everthing plan. This upped my monthly costs by about $30 with no added features over what I had with the Motorola iC902. The speed to load webpages isn't any faster. I can get to my AOL without having to enter my username and password everytime but that just doesn't justify the cost.

I was hoping for a more developed software system and flexibility on plans.

The interface is beautiful and I like the finger stroke functionality.

Overall, I will probably take the phone back and see if the rep can do something with the synch because it is a deal breaker.

Journeyman

About the plan price, have you tried speaking to customer service? I am almost sure that you can sign up for the 69 dollar plan as well ( which is 450 minutes talktime, unlimited data & messaging etc.)

Journeyman

Overall I am very happy with the phone. It is multi-functional enough to do anything I want.

The phone signal strength in all my "poor" areas are really strong, which is a much wanted improvement.

Voice quality works like a champ.

The Navigation works well, from what I used with it.

The camera quality is surprisingly good for a phone.

Now for some of the "bad" things:

To me, it just doesn't seem intuitive to operate. I'm sure that's more me than the phone, because I'm used to a keypad phone and a d-pad navigation.

The webpages don't seem to be loading quicker.

the lock/unlock/power button seems like a bad idea. To unlock the phone, you hold the power button. But if you hold it too long, you turn off the phone.

Still, overall I am really happy with the phone.

Journeyman

Randyzon, take the phone to the store and have them sync your contacts from your old phone to the new one. They did that for me for free on three phones when I switched to Sprint from Verizon phones. It only took a couple minutes to do.

Journeyman

Ive played with it.

Looks sleek and nice. LOVE the haptic feedback, AWESOME idea.

Menus are just that, menus. Nothing too intuitive there.

LOADING SCREENS are horrific! Who thouhgt this would be acceptable?!?

Not everything is a smooth as it should be.

Battery Life.

Overall, great phone if you for some reason don't want the iPhone or don't want to be with ATT. The iPhone (current version at that) still beats it. Sorry.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat