cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Instinct Update Released July 30th

Highlighted

First Instinct Update Released July 30th

Sprint released an initial update to the Instinct today.  This update will not change the behaviours of many of the applications.  What it does is update the Samsung ROM - the base code that the applications run on - to prepare the device for application updates starting early in August. Some of the issues fixed include:

• Elimination of issues by where data services are disabled without user preference

• Elimination of NAI corruption upon provisioning if new NAI is shorter than the previous

• Reflect reoccurring calendar appointments

• Improved volume – Bluetooth headsets

• Utilize saved pictures as background image

• Reduce fluctuation in signal bar and other functions related to RF/Network quality

• Eliminate “echo” on conference bridge

The application updates coming in August will make changes to Picture Mail, the web browser, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Email, Sprint Music Store, Visual Voicemail, Mobile Sync and more.  Today's update prepares the device for these updates. 

(Added date to subject - w.england)
Message Edited by wengla02 on 08-06-2008 09:20 AM

25 REPLIES 25
Patron

Re: First Instinct Update Released Today

Okay, thanks for the update. Now will someone please translate it into layman terms? Thanks!

Journeyman

Great... I was hoping to see a changelog of sorts, but this will work.

Hopefully you guys are still busy tinkering away on the next update. Smiley Wink

Journeyman

Translation everything will be OK, we are well on our way...

Translation everything will be OK, we are well on our way NOW! More Instinct Talk: http://bkn.messageforums.net

Sprint Product Ambassador

• Elimination of issues by where data services are disabled without user preference

• You keep having to re-provision data, and / or pull the battery then re-provision data. One of the 7xxx series errors.

• Elimination of NAI corruption upon provisioning if new NAI is shorter than the previous

• NAI is your Network ID - your email address that shows up in MySprint. Guess if you originally had zoro33002thegreat@sprint.com and changed it to ziggy@sprint.com bad things would happen. But I'm only guessing.

• Calendar now allows you to have reoccurring appointments - yearly, weekly, etc.

• Improved volume – Bluetooth headsets

• For an old deaf fool like me, this is nice. Loud Is Good.

• Use the photo of your dog, cat or flowergarden as the first image you see when you tap the power button. (I thought that worked to begin with?!?)

• Reduce fluctuation in signal bar and other functions related to RF/Network quality

• You're on the Now Network - this should fix some of the signal / call drop / low bars issues.

• Eliminate “echo” on conference bridge

• Sigh - no more flanging and wah-wah effect on the bridges. They take all the fun out of work.

Message Edited by wengla02 on 07-30-2008 03:46 PM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

i.e. Does phone call interrupt data services like web - Check - works, but where is the user setting ?? (I know debugmenu, but where is it in the normal menus ?
Mail Sinc problems due to this ? not sure

Check, does not work !
  • Improved volume Bluetooth headsets
Check, did not notice a big improvement, maybe a little louder. (it was alwasy ok for me)
Utilize saved pictures as background image
Did not check but saw someone reported as working.
Reduce fluctuation in signal bar and other functions related to RF/Network quality
Check - definately more stable bars (I wonder if signal reflects the new stable screen )
  • Eliminate echo on conference bridge
Ha ? Is this echo in speaker mode ?

Patron

@InstinctAdmin wrote:
  • Improved volume Bluetooth headsets
  • Eliminate echo on conference bridge

The application updates coming in August will make changes to Picture Mail, the web browser, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Email, Sprint Music Store, Visual Voicemail, Mobile Sync and more. Today's update prepares the device for these updates.

Message Edited by wengla02 on 07-30-2008 03:35 PM

Without user preference suggests that there is an option for data services now. Has anyone found it?

What exactly does the NAI update do for us?

Couldn't we set saved pictures as the background before? Seems like I have been doing this all along. What am I missing?

Eliminate echo sounds good... was having some problems with this.

August update sounds good. The more info you can send us on this the better. This update was pretty sloppy, communication-wise. Maybe you guys can wow us with your next attempt. Consider the gauntlet thrown.

Journeyman

I verified the calendar function works - check "calender - pick a day - + sign - Repeat: Once - you can click on repeat - and it will give you: Every Day, Every Week, Every Month, Every Year, Set Days

Patron

Will, you beat me to it. Good show.

Journeyman

Reply I tried editing old calendar entries, and creating new ones.

With repeat every day, and every week. Only one entry was placed in the calendar. It did NOT repeat.

Journeyman

I verified the calendar function works - check "calender - pick a day - + sign - Repeat: Once - you can click on repeat - and it will give you: Every Day, Every Week, Every Month, Every Year, Set Days

That has always been there. The calendar lets you set repeats, but has never (and still does not) show the repeats in the calendar.

Journeyman

my calender appointments still do not repeat even though set to repeat?????????????

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat