cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for 'Uncaught Exception' in Web Apps

Journeyman

Re: Fix for 'Uncaught Exception' in Web Apps - now news videos are failing.

The exception error no longer happens after applying the fix, but I, too, cannot watch news videos now. It loads, saves, and totally exits the news app. This is getting very frustrating.

Master

This fix messed up the videos, Sometimes it works and sometimes it throws it back to the web screen. Not reliable at all.

Journeyman

I did my download about 3 hours ago from the phone's web browser using the Sprint homepage. There is a yellow icon at the top right screen that says Instinct downloads. It fixed the update issue but I am not able to watch news videos either. Videos worked intermittently for me anyway, so I can't tell if the download affected the videos or not.

Journeyman

Re: Fix for 'Uncaught Exception' in Web Apps

Great fix - no problem viewing the videos either. I used the link located in the header of the web page.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Nabrldy wrote:
Great fix - no problem viewing the videos either. I used the link located in the header of the web page.

I also used this link which fixed the Web apps, but it also screwed up the news videos.

Journeyman

Just noticed this problem today, came here to the BAW forums, found the thread, and did the update. Fixed the problem, although I haven't tried news videos yet. Many thanks!

Journeyman

HI, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area. did the download fro...

HI, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area. did the download from handmark. Everything seems to be working ok except the news videoes. It says it is updating but it takes me back to the web home page. Is this a related problem?

Master

Re: HI, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area. did the download fro...

@rbyers1943 wrote:
HI, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area. did the download from handmark. Everything seems to be working ok except the news videoes. It says it is updating but it takes me back to the web home page. Is this a related problem?

Yes it is an error being caused by the "Fix".

Patron

Fixed the 'uncaught exception' error, but now, once again...

Fixed the 'uncaught exception' error, but now, once again, news videos will not play- kicks you right back to the 'WEB' home screen. Appreciate the quick fix, but now how about fixing the news videos as well. Somebody please, can we just get it right the first time?

Journeyman

Re: Fixed the 'uncaught exception' error, but now, once again...

Did you try the 'power down, pull the battery for a few minutes' fix after installing the update?

Wizard

Re: Fixed the 'uncaught exception' error, but now, once again...

@da braddah wrote:
Fixed the 'uncaught exception' error, but now, once again, news videos will not play- kicks you right back to the 'WEB' home screen. Appreciate the quick fix, but now how about fixing the news videos as well. Somebody please, can we just get it right the first time?

My videos have always had this sort of finicky behavior, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

If you enter the text portion of the news story first, then click on the play video button, it will work or at least it has worked for me without kicking me back out to the Web page. Obviously this needs to be fixed, but for those jonesin for news videos, this might work.

When I reset my phone (powered off, removed battery, restarted) the videos worked fine from the front page as they should just as lesmikesell just posted.

Message Edited by mmark27 on 01-05-2009 09:05 AM

Journeyman

Mine is fixed What caused this error?

Mine is fixed What caused this error?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat