Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For you java coders on here...

Journeyman

For you java coders on here...

I would like to know, in your professional opinion, are the requests we as Instinct owners (and Sprint customers) have been asking for since the release of this phone really that difficult to produce?

For example:

lock screen during call,

TRUE open API and GPS access for applications,

increase character limit in java apps to a normal quantity (as if 200 was at all logical)

oh yeah, and fix the worthless music player (song limit, non-functionality, etc)

I guess what I'm getting at is, what do you think are the barriers and why is it taking soooo long just to get any planned updates out?  Do they have a part-time employee who only works every other weekend during summer break writing the code for this thing or is it really an intensive process to fix the aforementioned requests and thusly why it takes so called "Sprint Development Team" so long to do anything?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Ok, so a slight correction, the BREW platform would likely need modified to make a lock screen during call, but since it is already in the programming (as seen when you call customer service you have a screen lock) how difficult is it to modify?

The other stuff are probably java related

Journeyman

Well, at least the m850 will have screen lock. We have seen in the pics that it has a proximity sensor(when held to your ear, the screen dims and locks)

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat