cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD GRIEF! This browser is horrendous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GOOD GRIEF! This browser is horrendous.

Now, not only does the browser crash on 50% of the sites I visit, I can no longer use the "My Account" feature on the phone. It gives me an "unsupported document type" error.... on Sprint's own website! This is absolutely ridiculous. As customers, should we have to pay for a highly touted "wonderful new product" that does not work? This crappy browser amounts to breach of contract if you ask me. Sorry, but I am frustrated.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: GOOD GRIEF! This browser is horrendous.

Sprint blows, that is all there is to it. We got suckered in, and it's too late. What a shame sprint, shame on you.

Highlighted
Patron

@SickOlicious wrote:
Sprint blows, that is all there is to it. We got suckered in, and it's too late.

Agreed... but defintely not too late for all the people still within their 30 day trial period. Don't be afraid to term your contract people. No penalty within 30 days.

Read the news on the ongoing Sprint lawsuit... sale of multiple towers... over 1 million subscribers lost in Q1.

They are running scared people... post here... complain... call their retentions department and make demands... make threats to drop contract... make good on your threats to drop contract...

Make them work for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I disagree. turn in the phone. fight the charges. i love...

I disagree. turn in the phone. fight the charges. i love this phone. but sprint has poor quality control. I'm an engineer who designs voice networks and if I provided this type of service to my "customers" i'd be out on my butt so fast I wouldn't know what hit me. Shame on your sprint. QA QA QA QA Sending out a fix which isn't 100% for the sake of sending it out is poor business practice.

Highlighted

im not having these problems. my browser loads very fast and hasent crashed once.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your instinct must be powered by the souls of midgets then my browser crashes a lot... that's not to mention the pages that won't even load. I live in a Rev 0 area, but have never seen a speed test over 275. It's sad that my A900 did better on the web than the newer fancier flagship Instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the phone is starting to piss me off as well. It is extre...

the phone is starting to piss me off as well. It is extrememly over hiped and miss represented in the market. Dont get me wrong, its still fun to play with ( beats the hell out of my *bleep*ty blackberry, but dont get me astarted on that piece of *bleep*) but if anybody has had the opportunity to play with the new i-phone (g3) than you know just how *bleep*ty the internet connection is on the instinct. Come on sprint, man up and use those millions you are getting from us and do something.

Message Edited by Raine on 07-31-2008 12:08 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: the phone is starting to piss me off as well. It is extre...

My browser was working just fine until I tried going to the NYT site today and it locked up nice and tight. That's kinda a PIA

Highlighted

guys phones only been out for a few months. it takes time to get everthing fix, also remember the Iphone had this trouble at the start to.

Highlighted
Patron

@UnSTaBLE wrote:

@CyberData4 wrote:

Yea, my phone WAS working great prior to the update. Webpages loaded slow, but w/e. As long as they loaded, I didn't mind. I figured I could deal with it until opera mini compatibility was in.

But now damned near ANY site I visit, save for youtube, crashes near the end of loading. I'm not bothing to reset the phone as I heard this doesn't work for very long.

I just want a sprint rep to say the following: "We're aware of the issue, and a software fix *IS* in the works" Just sucks when we don't hear anything for weeks.

They are and have been aware of the issue and a fix is in the works and is to be released in early August. The update we received was not the update for the browser so it wouldn't have fixed the problem. With the amount of topics in this forum it's going to be nearly impossible to post in every single topic. So look around in similar posts and you'll probably find they have already addressed the issue(s) in question.

Thank you. I did look in as many threads as I could, but I didn't see anyone from Sprint comment about THIS specific issue. But you appear to be on these forums more than I, so I'll take your word for it.

I can wait through mid August for a fix. Not that I have much choice since I took the gamble and stayed with the instinct past my 30 days...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint should put the phone out when it's right, not when it's half right. They did this because the iphone was gobbling up the market and they wanted some of that action. It reminds me of the Microsoft business model, put it out and patch it later. Shameful, just pure shameful.

Highlighted
Patron

Yea, my phone WAS working great prior to the update. Webpages loaded slow, but w/e. As long as they loaded, I didn't mind. I figured I could deal with it until opera mini compatibility was in.

But now damned near ANY site I visit, save for youtube, crashes near the end of loading. I'm not bothing to reset the phone as I heard this doesn't work for very long.

I just want a sprint rep to say the following: "We're aware of the issue, and a software fix **IS** in the works" Just sucks when we don't hear anything for weeks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat