ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Navigation is fixed. thank you sprint, Telenav!!

Journeyman

GPS Navigation is fixed. thank you sprint, Telenav!!

I love my phone again. worked all day . no problems. Even re-routed faster then normal. KUDOS from ME!!!

CAZMAN420.................

Does anyone know what the update on the music player did, or fixed??

25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: GPS Navigation is fixed. thank you sprint, Telenav!!

What version is your music player? There was no update that I'm aware of.

Message Edited by Levi4u on 01-21-2009 08:33 PM

Journeyman

Same here. Ran Navigation back and forth to work today (40 miles RT) as well as around town for another 10 miles or so and the Navigation application ran flawlessly. Let's hope it's a permanent fix.

Bob Demers

Massachusetts

Journeyman

i actually had to take a trip to dc today from lancaster pa and it worked perfectly, glad to see they got the nav fixed.

Journeyman

Fixed??? Ha! I recently went on a 200+/- trip and old ver...

Fixed??? Ha! I recently went on a 200+/- trip and old version was perfect. Just yesterday I went across the river of three eyed fish to staten island and new version was bugging out with gps signal

Journeyman

(cont.) signal weak... which never ever happened before....

(cont.) signal weak... which never ever happened before. I took out battery and it would work better for a bit. Also, I see now it will use battery till dead. Seemed not to update when i hit power to

Journeyman

(cont.) use without visual map only audio. When i hit pow...

(cont.) use without visual map only audio. When i hit power again it would take a while to update.

Journeyman

So I got the update several days ago and I have to admit, that my experience so far has been good and I have noticed greater stability of the application and maps have been updating for me very well. No issues thus far. I could even argue that its peppier and hasn't frozen or lagged much for mewhile using it.

I live in the Seattle area, so there are a lot of roads around in some areas and even iffy reception at times,but the maps keep updating.

I have yet to see it not draw up the maps when on a route or scrolling around the map.

So far so good.

Of course, after I click post the next time I run it the old bugs will return 😛 hehe....

Wizard

@spl1011 wrote:

So I got the update several days ago and I have to admit, that my experience so far has been good and I have noticed greater stability of the application and maps have been updating for me very well. No issues thus far. I could even argue that its peppier and hasn't frozen or lagged much for mewhile using it.

I live in the Seattle area, so there are a lot of roads around in some areas and even iffy reception at times,but the maps keep updating.

I have yet to see it not draw up the maps when on a route or scrolling around the map.

So far so good.

Of course, after I click post the next time I run it the old bugs will return 😛 hehe....

I have had the same experience. Very solid throughout total trips of varying length up to 1 hour thus far. It did a much better job of rerouting me if I went off of course instead of telling me to do a U-turn like she kept demanding every 10 feet. Thank you Sprint and Telenav for getting this fixed. It was numero-uno on my pet peeve list. My last wish would be if it was updated with the latest street closures and construction.....it pulls traffic from a database, why can't it grab construction info too? The databases of currently existing restaurants needs to be updated in the Telenav as well as the Live Search applications, a bar across the street from me has been there for 3 years and does not appear in the search. But now I am just getting greedy. Now this phone is pretty ideal for me.

Journeyman

NAV now seems to be working for me too, reroute is quick etc.

While using NAV I got a call, after hang up went straight back to NAV but location was behind several streets. It took it a bit to catch up and reroute. Also it said that I had a weak gps signal and a satellite icon with a red "x" appeared in the bottom corner. I don't remember ever seeing that icon before when getting the weak alert.

Otherwise it seems to work as well as it did when I first got my phone...which is great!

Thanks Sprint and Telenav!

Journeyman

I just got the update and now my telenav freezes up every...

I just got the update and now my telenav freezes up everytime i try to use it. Once i start the application it runs for 3 seconds, screen turns off than back on and sits frozen for around 20seconds then restarts my phone. Called customer service 3 times and still cant figure out the solution. Anyone else having similar problems?

Patron

I am wondering if that is the phone that is doing that be...

I am wondering if that is the phone that is doing that because my phone has been doing that for a while now with all sorts of applications. I just complain too much on here so I have not said anything about it. I had had to take the battery out a few times to shut it off when it froze.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat