cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture Navigation

Highlighted

Gesture Navigation

The Instinct features gesture based navigation in many applications.  Our InstinctInsight user  drewday  notes these great shortcuts:

"Was just fooling around and watching the Colbert Report when I stumbled upon two little shortcuts - swipe up or down to bring up the sidebar channel guide, swipe left or right to return to the channel guide. Also the other day I figured out that you can swipe left and right to page through news articles and weather forecasts pretty neat."

What other gesture shortcuts can you find?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Patron

Re: Gesture Navigation

Same with emails. You swipe left or right, and you can move to other emails in the selected account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When you use this left/right flick "gesture feature", and you read all your emails marked as Unread.... they don't get marked read. You still have to go out and select them all seperately to be marked as read.

More Instinct short-sighted rushed to market stupidity.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@c4400 wrote:

When you use this left/right flick "gesture feature", and you read all your emails marked as Unread.... they don't get marked read. You still have to go out and select them all seperately to be marked as read.

Dude your posts are getting old. It's obvious you don't like the phone if you aren't going to help but instead just complain about every small thing that is wrong with the phone then just get off this forum and go return your instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to havethe fluid gestures on Instinct's browser. The fluid gestures work on items like Instinct's News (in the web tab) application where a single touch flick can move the text up and down based on the speed of the flick but on the browser this doesn't work. This makes navigating and scrolling on the browser extremely tedious.

There is a day and night difference in scrolling a web page on iPhone/HTC Touch diamond vs. Samsung Instinct. These other devices allow fluid scrolling with the finger flick. Sprint Instinct seems to have this for some applications such as News but not for the most important application which is the browser!

On the browser, you have to drag your fingers to move up/down/left/right and this only works as long as your finger has screen contact. The camera scrolling is just a gimmick. On the other hand, if you try the news application, it is much better with finger flick scrolling (you don't have to contantly drag your finger on the screen).

Message Edited by jsmith on 07-23-2008 12:09 PM

Highlighted
Patron

@UnSTaBLE wrote:

@c4400 wrote:

Dude your posts are getting old. It's obvious you don't like the phone if you aren't going to help but instead just complain about every small thing that is wrong with the phone then just get off this forum and go return your instinct.

On behalf of everyone that likes their phone but wants more out of it...

Keep complaining. Demand more. Make them work for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i found out the other day you can do aol instant messenge...

i found out the other day you can do aol instant messenger on the instinct now. i am using it everyday now. finally were getting somewhere

Highlighted
Journeyman

cc4400 is absolutely correct and has every right to draw attention to the many glaring faults with this phones software. These posts are helpful as these issues need to be identified and fixed since Sprint's testing program missed or ignored them. On the other hand, your pointless moaning about his post benefits nothing.

This bug renders the gesture navigation effectively useless for the email client. If you have a lot of new mails, you can't really just slide between them because you have to go back out to the list and select each one separately in order for it to be marked as read. This may not seem important to you. That is a waste of time and a needless pain. This was a serious oversight and indicates that the QA process for that app was not very thorough.

Message Edited by Blubble on 07-24-2008 04:30 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

there are always issues with every new phone and things a...

there are always issues with every new phone and things aren't always going to be exactly the way you want them out of the box, but there is a total difference between constructive feedback to solve a problem and bashing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with all of you the bashing is just annoying you...

I agree with all of you the bashing is just annoying you have 30 days to return you should have seen all the faults with this instinct within that time frame. But also we should voice the issues and concerns we do have with the phone because it is obvious that it was rushed out (probably because of the iphone 3g). I guess it's all perception of what is constructive and what's bashing. I personally love this phone with its flaws but have hopes that future updates will make it alot better. BACK TO TOPIC: I wish there was Gesture navigation for the lock screen i.e. slide to unlock maybe someone may develop some type of app for it...if possible.

Highlighted
Patron

Regarding the emails not being marked read when using the...

Regarding the emails not being marked read when using the gesture navigation. I thought the same thing as cc4400. One time I did this and did not do anything to mark them read and just went back to the main screen. When I returned to the email, it had refreshed and marked them as read.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: i found out the other day you can do aol instant messenge...

How did you do that?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat