cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Application - is it better than the native Instinct App?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gmail Application - is it better than the native Instinct App?

Has anyone tried downloading the Gmail application? In short, is it worth in comparison withthe native email application alreadyinstalled on the Instinct?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Gmail Application - is it better than the native Instinct App?

I've got it running on mine. I personally prefer the Instincts built in app but having the Gmail app allows me to see folders not shown by the native app and will send an e-mail with a "sent by Gmail mobile" signature (which I like). The Gmail app is a little buggy and doesn't seem to offer touch scrolling which is a pain.

Journeyman

I agree, that the scrolling feature is a little painful, and since I have more than one gmail acct I would need something that I can check them all in. The gmail app I am using for one where I need to see the folders but the other accts I am using the Instinct app. If this app can change the scroll and add for multiple accts, I am game to use it instead of the Instinct app.

Journeyman

How do you Apply a Label?

I'm in the Gmail application now and am reading an email message. How do I "Apply Label"?

Journeyman

I just commented on another post about the Gmail app. The only plus I can say about it, is that it's a whole lot more colorful. I don't think we can stress enough how horrible scrolling is in the Gmail app. That alone makes me want to uninstall it. I was disappointed that even the Gmail app does not handle HTML email.

It's painful for me to say it, but between the two apps, I prefer the Instinct's default client. It's ease of use far exceeds any postives the Gmail app may have. The ability to touch anywhere on the screen to scroll makes the default client much easier to use... not to mention being able to go to the previous and next message by sliding your finger up and down, or left and right in a message is awesome.

It's like opposite day, Sprint wins this one due to Google's Gmail app being frustrating to use because of the super tiny scrollbar.

Journeyman

Re: Instinct Email Better than Gmail Application

@akipika wrote:

I just commented on another post about the Gmail app. The only plus I can say about it, is that it's a whole lot more colorful. I don't think we can stress enough how horrible scrolling is in the Gmail app. That alone makes me want to uninstall it. I was disappointed that even the Gmail app does not handle HTML email.

It's painful for me to say it, but between the two apps, I prefer the Instinct's default client. It's ease of use far exceeds any postives the Gmail app may have. The ability to touch anywhere on the screen to scroll makes the default client much easier to use... not to mention being able to go to the previous and next message by sliding your finger up and down, or left and right in a message is awesome.

It's like opposite day, Sprint wins this one due to Google's Gmail app being frustrating to use because of the super tiny scrollbar.

I agree. The scroll bar is a pain to manipulate. I am used to not using my "pen", but the Gmail app has me using it. I also can't find a way to Apply a Label to the emails I get so that I can archive them in the correct folder (does anyone know how to do that in the mobile Gmail app?).

I do, however,like the "conversation" feature of Gmail where it gives you all the related emails all in one email. Cuts down on the email load and organizes it better. That part Imiss.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat