cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Not Working Now

Journeyman

Gmail Not Working Now

My Gmail is no longer working properly as of yesterday. Is anyone else having issues with it? It has worked fine, and now I am getting an error message code S7123. Sprint's advanced tech support is recommending that I take the phone back to the store here, meaning yet another long wait... last time almost 2 hours. Before I do that, I am just wondering if anyone else has had this error and if they were actually able to fix it for you.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES
Journeyman

I just created a gmail account so that get and send my ro...

I just created a gmail account so that get and send my roadrunner mail and now I can't send mail using gmail ( error S7132 ). I read in other forums that gmail worked! I can receive emails but can't send

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Gmail Not Working Now

The S7123 error is server related, not device related.  More than likely the unexpectedly high demand for the phones and high use of the phones is overwhelming the email systems for the Instinct.   My two suggestions:  first, wait a while and try again.  Second, remove the battery and wait a few minutes.  Sometimes you have to remove the battery, restart the device, then remove the battery again and restart it again.

We are aware of the issue, and are working with the vendor to find a resolution or improve capacity.

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Working with Google or Seven? Cause I am having the same problem with Yahoo trying to send email. Now I have an email stuck in Drafts that won't go out or cannot be deleted.

Journeyman

Just tested all my emails (google, yahoo, hotmail)....they're all working perfectly!!! No problem here!!!!

Journeyman

Thanks for that information, Will. The tech support folks...

Thanks for that information, Will. The tech support folks had me do all of that and more on my phone to try to get it to connect again, with no luck. I am just wondering if different geographic areas have different capacity issues, since some people are not having this problem. I'm going to wait awhile before going back to the store to see if this resolves. If you get any more information, I would surely appreciate an update here, if possible. Thanks again!

Journeyman

My yahoo stopped working yesterday. S7112 is my error. The network connectivity arrows in the top left don't flash at all when I try to check it, and eventualy it gives me the error. So I figured out that if I go to a website first, my phone goes, oh look I have connection to a network! And then I can use my email just fine... Also, if I let it go back into it's lock/power save mode, I'll have to "remind" it of it's network when I unlock.

Message Edited by Dexter on 07-29-2008 08:08 PM

S7112 is data provisioning - go to Main, Settings, (somewhere) and update data services.  And do the software update on the phone, too.  It's supposed to fix the data provisioning issue.

Re: Thanks for that information, Will. The tech support folks...

We're working with Seven - it's their servers that are hitting capacity (as far as I know).  It may be geograpic, time related or just plain luck that you hit the error message.  I do not know how their systems are configured specifically...

Will 

Journeyman

I use Yahoo, and now I am receiving an error message S711...

I use Yahoo, and now I am receiving an error message S7118. No one at Sprint can offer any help...

Journeyman

Journeyman

I am experincing this same error message with AOL....and 2 years later to boot!!  Guess it REALLY takes awhile to resolve some issues, huh??

The thing is.....I get this error message all the time....but sometimes the e-mails go thru anyway.  I have no way of knowing when they are sending and when they aren't.  How's that for convient??

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.