cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going back unless this can be solved

Highlighted
Journeyman

Going back unless this can be solved

I've only had my Instinct for 6 hours and I'm already considering taking it back. Can't stand that it locks up every 10 minutes. Opening "Messaging" locks it up everytime. It also annoys me that it kills my progress in emails if I get a text message or phone call - I have to completely start over. I also can't believe I'm not allowed to just set an MP3 on the SD card as my ringtone

Message Edited by madagajs on 07-03-2008 10:43 PM

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Going back unless this can be solved

As far as MP3's for ringtones goes...we are in complete agreement. I mean, everything this phone is capable of but you can't set a simple MP3 as a ringtone. However, I did find a site that lets you do just that. Go to: http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/index.phpand follow the instructions. Very simple and you can upload MP3's as ringtones directly from your computer.

Journeyman

I don't get it why you can't set an mp3 as a ringtone. How long is the file in question? I have nearly a dozen mp3s set as ringtones for my closest friends. Selecting those mp3s was just as simple as looking at the list of ringtones on my Instinct.

Journeyman

I have found that www.Myxer.com for the best way to uploa...

I have found that www.Myxer.com for the best way to upload mp3's from your computer and put them on your phone.. Go to the make your own tab on the top. Register for free, and you are set to upload your songs and choose customize. It will read your song and allow you to download to your phone..

Journeyman

Re: I have found that www.Myxer.com for the best way to uploa...

Just make sure your mp3 ringtone is under 30 seconds in length.

Journeyman

Someone mention Myxer.com. I have had a few ringtones sen...

Someone mention Myxer.com. I have had a few ringtones sent to my phone and I can not seem to make them work individually. This is what happens....I set the a ringtone to Jon Doe, then I set a ringtone to Sally Sue. What happens is Jon Doe's ringtone is now the same as Sally Sues. I can't individualize them try as I might. It is so frustrating.....AND I tried to put some music on my phone (may 50+) songs and it tells me I can't have that many. I have the "card" in there as well. HELP.... I am sending this back if I don't get it fixed.....FRUSTRATED IN WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I've noticed this bug in Contacts whensetting ringers, also. When you set a certain ringer for a contact, the title shows correctly. Then you set another contact's ringer. Then go back to the first contact, and even though the name of the ringer displays correctly, when you hit play, it's the second person's ringer playing. It does that over and over when you keep adding more contacts' ringers. It will play the last ringer added, even though it shows the right name..no matter what contact you're in. What I have noticed though, is when any contact rings your phone, the correct ringer does play.

Needless to say, it is VERY annoying and confusing, and I feel ya calimominwa....

Journeyman

Re: ""Just make sure your mp3 ringtone is under 30...

@ania wrote:
does any one know how to cut your MP3s so they are 30 secs in length??

Audacity is a free program that allows you to edit your sound files.

Journeyman

""Just make sure your mp3 ringtone is under 30...

""Just make sure your mp3 ringtone is under 30 seconds in length. Posted by: Egidio 4 months ago"" as far as setting your MP3s as ringtones, does any one know how to cut your MP3s so they are 30 secs in length??

Journeyman

mobilereelz.com very easy to edit and send ringers

Wizard

@ania wrote:
does any one know how to cut your MP3s so they are 30 secs in length??

If you use myxer.com, choose the customize option after you upload your mp3. On the customize page you can set the start and end points of your mp3 and it tells you how long it will play.

Journeyman

Here is a easier way, take the phone back go next door to T-mobile, get the G1, the built in music player has a built in ringtone maker, easy as 1-2-3. You don't have to download any crap off the internet, also there are two apps (yes real apps) that you can get from the android marketplace (which is on the phone) and try those, there free unlike the ringtones at sprints digital lounge. Your welcome and have a nice day.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat