cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Mobile Apps

Journeyman

Google Mobile Apps

I apologize if this has been covered but cannot seem to find an answer. Has anyone been able to successfully downloaded and install Google's Mobile Apps? I've read where the calenders don't sync, but have not read if someone has been able to access Google's Calender. I did read where Google Doc are viewable. I'm trying to decide to purchase this phone not, I use of mix of outlook and Google apps and sync them. Things don't necessarily have to work flawlessly out of the box as long as an easy work around can be located and utilized. Thanks in advance for any all comments, especially to those currently acting as "Guinea Pigs" in assisting helping the rest of us make a decision.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman stn
Journeyman

I'm not sure what you mean by "Download and install&...

I'm not sure what you mean by "Download and install". AFAIK, google's mobile apps are all online-only (at m.google.com). There is no download-able component. I have had success using google calendar via the web browser. It seems to work well. I've even combined this solution with google's outlook sync app to upload my meetings from outlook to google calendar, then view my meetings through google's mobile app.

Journeyman

Not at this time. If you need Google Apps get the Blackbe...

Not at this time. If you need Google Apps get the Blackberry. I do see a software update button on this phone. So I am sure MAYBE down the road they will let us install the Google Apps. This is one thing I miss from my Blackberry which I may switch back to.

Journeyman

Re: Google Mobile Apps

@EC4US wrote:
I apologize if this has been covered but cannot seem to find an answer. Has anyone been able to successfully downloaded and install Google's Mobile Apps? I've read where the calenders don't sync, but have not read if someone has been able to access Google's Calender. I did read where Google Doc are viewable. I'm trying to decide to purchase this phone not, I use of mix of outlook and Google apps and sync them. Things don't necessarily have to work flawlessly out of the box as long as an easy work around can be located and utilized. Thanks in advance for any all comments, especially to those currently acting as "Guinea Pigs" in assisting helping the rest of us make a decision.

The Instinct calendar is bad. So, I've made Google Calendar my home page on the web. It opens very nicely. I don't know about the other apps you talk about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks STN - that is what I was looking for. I was not su...

Thanks STN - that is what I was looking for. I was not sure from what I'd read that "real" access to Google's Calendar would be accessible. I utilize Google's sync (I think it updates every 10 minutes) so this is good news for me. Thanks for all the input!!

Journeyman

Re: Thanks STN - that is what I was looking for. I was not su...

I have used Google Maps (Java App) on my LG Fusic with no issues, lacked GPS. Now with my HTC Mogul I am able to download the Google Maps (pocket PC version) and use the GPS function right away.

Reading the titles of the threads in here on the Instinct makes me really happy I stayed away from this phone. Can't use Google Maps (or so it appears from this thread), poor email and calendar integration/sync. My Mogul is synced with my work's Outlook Exchange server and I can Sync it with my laptop and PC automatically by hooking it up to the USB. Oh and I have wi-fi also.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat