cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Texts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Group Texts?

I know you can create a text and then enter a contact and then the + key to add more. Is there a way or anyone figure out how to create a group? I text a few people in a group and it's easy when you can have a distribution list.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

That would be a nice feature to have, but I have not found any way to do it. I hope someone else can shed some light.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok this is what I tried to do. Create a "contact" named Motorcycle. Then added phone numbers under "others" until my list was created. Hoping when I send a text message to my contact Motorcycle, it would send it to all the phone numbers under that list. guess what... It didn't. It only selected the first name in the list

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok for all. You need to go to sprint.com and set up an account. Its free. You then SYNQ your phone to the website. Now it will only currently add a minumal numbers from your contacts and hopefully later tey will increase to unlimited. You then start a group file and add from here and also from any other numbers from your phone. You then name it and synq it with your phone and your done. I have not check yet but also might be possible with the PC synq which is inclosed with the phone. good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was one of the things I asked about before getting this phone,it is imperative that i am ale to send messaging to groups as oppose to individuals, i was told i could go on mobile sync and create the group and/or create a group list for texts through my favprites button and... I've tried both..NEITHER WORK! If you save a text with multiple reciepents as a favorites button, its gone after you send a text and the group connect can be done in mobile sync.. BUT IT DOESNT SYNC TO THE DAG GONE PHONE! Help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whoever told you that was misinformed.

You can only set up groups for Nextel Direct Connect on Mobile Sync.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Group texts can be sent via picture mail. Select picture at the bottom right of your messaging screen, once you've selected your first contact name, the messaging window will pop up and you will see the + in the recipients screen, tap that and it will divert you back to your contacts list to add more recipients.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's no different than regular text messaging. I believe OP wanted one thing to select to send a mass text to a pre-determined group, which is not possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks all! Wanna hear something to really make you laugh.. SO today I called about this group text issue thing and I was told I had to be transferred to the Advanced Technical Group so they could "fix" my phone. It too k them 6 different times to finally get me to the right group.. One rep even transferred me to myself (yes, said they were transferring me to the AT group, and must have entered my cell number instead) Then finally I get over to TS and they do all these lil things that is supposed to make the feature work... which of course did nothing.. so now(are you sitting down) I have a ticket in to correct the problem of my Group COnnect cntact lists being synced to my phone. NO ONE FROM SPRINT HAS YET SAID IT CAN"T BE DONE!!! And it is clearly obvious that it can't! SO thank you c4400- Sprint needs to seek you out and hire you because they are in desperate need of good help! This may be my last post as my name says...I'm readytoleavesprint!!!

Highlighted
Patron

This is another no duh feature that the instinct does not have. I even went online to set up my distribution group. It just does not appear on the phone. It would be an awesome feature to have as I have a group of friends I send txts to all the time and it would be great to enter one group contact. This is especially important since it can take some time scrolling through the address book.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat