cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Diamond is out

Highlighted

HTC Touch Diamond is out

Looks as though things are pretty grim right now seeing as how the new HTC touch just came out. But hopefully the one thing that will save us is that it costs $250 after the rebate and savings. Hopefully the touch wont be put in the same catagory as the Instinct because of 1. the high price, and 2. because the Instinct is a high end multimedia phone and the touch is a PDA/Phone. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope there is still some people looking out for us instinct users.

Message Edited by offroadn_redneck on 09-14-2008 04:32 PM

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC Touch is out

@offroadn_redneck wrote:
Looks as though things are pretty grim right now seeing as how the new HTC touch just came out. But hopefully the one thing that will save us is that it costs $250 after the rebate and savings. Hopefully the touch wont be put in the same catagory as the Instinct because of 1. the high price, and 2. because the Instinct is a high end multimedia phone and the touch is a PDA/Phone. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope there is still some people looking out for us instinct users.

I'm assuming your talking about the Diamond, the Touch has been out for quite a while. But I do agree to both your point, it's the only saving grace for the Instinct.</p>

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted

Re: HTC Touch is out

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Diamond is out

and again .. a decent Camera but no flash .. wth

my instinct takes a great Picture .. when outdoors .. but inside i'ld rather draw it myself

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was offered an even swap for the Diamond, but it being a Sprint device I am terrified of what all could be wrong with the Diamond as well. I know I will play with a few times at the Sprint store and read up on user complaints and so on before I decide to switch.

Highlighted
Patron

Sure, rub it in.

Highlighted
Master

@flew wrote:

and again .. a decent Camera but no flash .. wth

my instinct takes a great Picture .. when outdoors .. but inside i'ld rather draw it myself

If you want the flash, wait for the PRO, it also has a pull out QWERTY keyboard and even more features. Same thing as the Diamond, but souped(sp) up even more.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

So i went to the HTC webpage just to compare the Touch Diamond to the Instinct. It seems almost superior to our device anyone else agree?

Highlighted

They let you swich without any charge? How is that possible?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They offered me a deal on my Instinct - just to pay diffe...

They offered me a deal on my Instinct - just to pay difference between a new phone. I chose to stay with the Instinct for now. I am a business owner with several lines for several years maybe that is why. AND... the Instinct is not what they said it would be. It is no iPhone killer - leading me to believe it would do all the iPhone would do and more. I need the BUSINESS functionality of a smart-phone, I messed up. I am hoping for some improvement so developers will get apps rolling out that will help. I acquired my Instinct on day one and will probably keep it - I have also stuck with SPRINT through a faulty MotoQ, 2 faulty Moguls and another Mogul that worked great sans the terrible battery life. Give the Instinct a chance to be fixed (as awful as thay sounds) before jumping away. It is well worth another 30 day wait. It will be like a Christmas present when all bugs are worked out for us. SPRINT has the best customer service in the business of mobile phones, hands down. The Diamond just means starting the process over because HTC has its own problems - - - MOGUL, TOUCH...remember.

Highlighted
Patron

Highlighted
Journeyman

i remember seeing the UK review on Cnet for that thing. They said it was so sluggish, it wasn't even worth it. I don't know if they've fixed that for the US release.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat