Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handmark news videos post update

Highlighted
Patron

Handmark news videos post update

Finally got the Handmark apps update

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=12012

"Increased ability to play video clips" is listed as one of the fixes for this update. However, post update I am still not able to play the news videos.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Tags (3)
24 REPLIES 24
Patron

Re: Handmark news videos post update

I'm watching them fine. However, if I press the video icon WITHOUT hitting the article first, I'll be thrown to the main screenSmiley Indifferent

Patron

Just curious... are you on EVDO?

Patron

@NSpeed wrote:
I think so. Why? if its the 1.9 Ghz Digital, then yes.

My area is supposed to have EVDO speeds within a month or two but we are currently RevA. I am wondering if this is related to the problems I am having viewing the news videos.

I would actually really like to be able to watch them.

Patron

@Drybonz wrote:

@NSpeed wrote:
I think so. Why? if its the 1.9 Ghz Digital, then yes.

My area is supposed to have EVDO speeds within a month or two but we are currently RevA. I am wondering if this is related to the problems I am having viewing the news videos.

I would actually really like to be able to watch them.

Contradicted youself...

Rev A IS EVDO. it's all in the same roof. EVDO Rev A.

Dont you mean you are under Vision coverage, but NOT POWER Vision.

Vision is a lot slower, way slower. and its indicated by a pointing up, and a pointing down arrow.

POWER Vision Are 3 arrows pointing up and 3 arrows pointing down.

EVDO Rev A would be PowerVision

EDGE (sorry for the ATT Term, but I dont know Sprint's term for it) is Vision

@NSpeed wrote:

I dont know if you just had a typo, but on my Instinct I have only 2 up and 2 down

Message Edited by offroadn_redneck on 08-23-2008 11:03 PM

Patron

@offroadn_redneck wrote:

@NSpeed wrote:

I dont know if you just had a typo, but on my Instinct I have only 2 up and 2 down

Message Edited by offroadn_redneck on 08-23-2008 11:03 PM

yeah, two, sorry. My UpStage was 3...and I was thinking of my update.

Message Edited by NSpeed on 08-23-2008 11:14 PM

Patron

@NSpeed wrote:

Vision is a lot slower, way slower. and its indicated by a pointing up, and a pointing down arrow.

Yes, thank you... this is exactly what I meant.

I am wondering if Power Vision is what is allowing people to watch the news videos, as I am currently in an area with Vision Coverage.

I am in a Power Vision area and I get to the internet just fine. But when it comes to the Radio and TV, it falls short. I cannot watch the TV at all because it is so blurry and pixelated. And the radio skips in and out all the time. And I have no idea what is causing it either.

Patron

@Drybonz wrote:

@NSpeed wrote:

Yes, thank you... this is exactly what I meant.

I am wondering if Power Vision is what is allowing people to watch the news videos, as I am currently in an area with Vision Coverage.

I think it MAY be that. Whenmy phone goes to Vision only, it drives em crazy how slow the internet goes. I haveyet to try videos on only vision.

Have you ever tried to update data profile?

Patron

@offroadn_redneck wrote:
I am in a Power Vision area and I get to the internet just fine. But when it comes to the Radio and TV, it falls short. I cannot watch the TV at all because it is so blurry and pixelated. And the radio skips in and out all the time. And I have no idea what is causing it either.

Try to update data profile. i getTV fine, and radio works fantastic.

is there a link for the data profile download? The settings->General->Update data profile doesnt work for some reason

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat