Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Birthday Instinct

Journeyman

Happy Birthday Instinct

1 yr gone, and I would like to know....Was it worth it? When you dedicate websites and sections of forums to one particular product it usually means it was a hit...Was it? Give us the good, Give us the bad...Do you still use your Instinct after one year? Are you still an Instinct-Maniac??? Smiley Happy

Message Edited by goygacon on 06-21-2009 09:33 AM

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

It really sucks to see so many people unhappy with the Instinct. My only problem with it is the screen losing calibration but I understand as i smash it a lot and I take it to print and the repair team pops the screen back out or something and it works great again til i smash it again. I can deal with that. I plan on getting a pre but I love this phone and use it in the car for music and probably will continue to once i have changed phones. I find it sad that so many on here are only on here cause they have problems. Happy Birthday Instinct!

Journeyman

To be fair, this same question was posted on a couple of forums, and to be honest, the responses are night and day. One site is praise and one site is scorn. I asked this question as sort of an experiment more than anything, so bear with me. I can say this to the upmost confidence, that this site is, by far, one the most negative sites I've been a part of. Sprint reps are here and if possible answer questions if they can, to the best of their knowledge or ability. That is also the problem. When a customer knows more about one particular phone over the provider and makers, something is terribly wrong. Questions regarding this phone that go unanswered simply aggravate the customer's experience, and a big thanks goes to members who have answers that Sprint can't or will not answer. Big kudos to the helpers, be it a Sprint rep or member of the forum. Since June of 08 This has been Sprint's baby, the Instinct, and it seems a love/hate relationship for most... Those who truely hate this phone, don't own it or don't use it anymore. Those who complain on this site over and over, like or love this phone, and wish the potential of this phone could be reached without hiccups along the way. In a perfect world, maybe, and I am among this group who hope something magically will happen to make the bad just go away. The reality is ....well...it's been a year, and this phone is more comparable the phone released to us Last June, so either that's bad.....or that's good. Time will tell, and I'm sure I'll be here to experience all that is the Instinct. Thanks for reading.

Journeyman

You make some valid points Goy, however, I do believe that most people here do actually hate the phone and are only holding on til they can upgrade or finish their contracts and switch carriers. In the mean time we bi*h and moan .....trying to be heard......trying to make the time left with the Instinct at least a little more tolerable. I indeed liked (maybe even loved)this phone when I bought it, however, letdown after letdown, problem after problem, and gitch after glitch has left me hating this phone with a passion and cant wait to get rid of it. One might say, go ahead and get rid of it, but I value my money more than to pay full upgrade price for another phone or to pay a ridiculous ETF, so I am stuck at least till I have it for a year. Until that time I will continue to hate the Instinct and I will continue to bich about it until Sprint makes it at least more tolerable for us to use. Quit possibly if MR-4 had been the last update most of us might still be happy (concidering it was the last "fruitful", unbotched, and relevant MR).

Message Edited by troyboytn on 06-30-2009 08:09 PM

Journeyman

<p>I agree with you that one year later, the Instinct feels just as it did a year ago, except for that there's a keyboard in Java and the broswer doesn't crash at even basic websites. Bugs pop up but when they do I've figured out the fixes for myself and in general see the phone as having more good than bad. Support hasn't gotten better, and Sprint is already looking out for the next big phone.</p><p></p><p>I was going for the Pre when it came out, but alas it was sold out. I realized I really could live with my Instinct a little longer, and probably might still have it if I didn't give up on it a loooong time ago and let the screen get scratched beyond acceptable. A week later, I decided to instead buy the BlackBerry Curve, for a lot less money, and I love it.</p><p></p><p>In hindsight, I'm happy I hesitated on the Pre, thanks to my experience with the Instinct. I want to see what will happen with it in terms of OS support, application development, etc. The Curve may not be touch-screen, but to have a phone that so many websites/companies support, to have countless apps at my disposal, and to have a solid OS written by a company (RIM) solely devoted to thier line of BB products; it's a few steps up in so many ways.</p><p></p><p>I think that is where some phones, like the Instinct, will never live up to what people want them to be. BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and iPhone OSs are all written by companies that improve their <span>one</span> adaptable OS over and over, and don't put it in a phone that can't handle it or vice versa. Palm's been around and I don't doubt they will work wonders with thier WebOS, but I'll see how it's doing next June when it's time for the next upgrade. :)</p><p><br>It was a good run with the Instinct for the most part, but I'm happy to let it rest and go with something that has reliability and support across so many levels both by RIM and users across the Internet.</p>

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat