cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the instinct messed up your contacts after allowing auto sync?

Highlighted
Patron

Has the instinct messed up your contacts after allowing auto sync?

I love that my contacts will now automatically be uploaded to the web and that I'll never have to worry if I lose my phone, etc. After my second or third auto-sync, some of my contacts were missing, and several others were duplicated. What the..??

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Has the instinct messed up your contacts after allowing auto sync?

I haven't had that problem. The contacts continue to sync normally, whether I add them on the phone or the web.

Journeyman

Yeah, I had problems with that. I think it was due to the fact that I had uses Wireless Backup on one of my old phones, and when I got my Instinct I had my numbers transfered from my Blackberry to my Instinct. Some numbers disappeared, some were in there 3 times. I deleted them all and refreshed them onto my phone... One week later only 53 out of 114 are uploaded ot the Mobile Sync website.

Journeyman

No problem here. I've been synczing my contacts and works...

No problem here. I've been synczing my contacts and works just fine.

Journeyman

Mine has worked fine except for when i tried to import a...

Mine has worked fine except for when i tried to import a csv (even though it was generated by exporting from the site.) It gave an error about a malformed contact (or something like that), and then would not sync or allow me to export the contacts. The problem went away when i turned off autosync, deleted everything from the website, and then turned it back on. I haven't tried to import anything since then.

Journeyman

Sprint has admitted that there is a lot of issues with Mobile Sync and the Instinct. Just another reason why this phone was not ready to be released.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat