cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Where did the ringer go after downloading? (myxer)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help, Where did the ringer go after downloading? (myxer)

First of al I want to agree with everyone about the Calendar being sub-par. My question is, that after I get the text from myxer for my ringer, I click the link and starts downloading, after it is done downloading I get a single PLAY button on the browser and nothing else. I can use the buton to play the mp3 ringer no problem, but when I go to look for it to assign it, it is nowhere to be found. I looked under the list of ringers, nothing, I looked under music, nothing, I hooked up the phone to muy PC and explored all the folders availabe, nothing. I tried this 3 times with no difference. Am I missing something?

I did try it using .qcp ringers and that one does ask me if I want to add to ringers after download, but as you might know sound quality for .qcp files are horrendous. Thanks in advance for any help.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Help, Where did the ringer go after downloading? (myxer)

@elvisem wrote:

...but when I go to look for it to assign it, it is nowhere to be found. I looked under the list of ringers, nothing, I looked under music, nothing,

It should be listed at the bottom of your list of ringers. Did you scroll all the way down? Also, how large was the file you uploaded. I keep hearing people here suggesting to use about 20 seconds only. I uploaded all my mp3 ringers via myxer. Then went to the phone > contacts and clicked to assign a ringer. There at the bottom of the list of ringers I saw the mp3s I had received.

Journeyman

Well I was told to use 30sec. that could be something. I did look at the whole list of ringers all the way to the bottom, nothing. I can try a shorter ringer next time (late tonight). Does it ask you if you want to add to ringers after download? or it goes there automatically?

Thanks.

Elvis.

Journeyman

I downloaded the music on the phone and I can see it in t...

I downloaded the music on the phone and I can see it in the music file but I don't see the music in the ringer section. How can I make the music ringtones? Is there a program I'm not aware of? I appreciate the help.

Journeyman

Re: I downloaded the music on the phone and I can see it in t...

We are talking about myxertones.com there you can upload your own songs and make them in to ringers. Just go to 'Make your Own' > Browse > find the music file in your computer > make sure to click on 'Customize' and NOT send to phone if you need to cut the song down to less than 30sec (or 20sec. according to the other post). Then SEND it to phone.

Message Edited by elvisem on 06-27-2008 03:19 PM

Journeyman

Wel, the ringers are working now. I still don't get the text message with the link most of the time but I can use the browser to donwload it directly. I'm not sure it had anything to do with the lenght of the ringer since I tried both 20sec and 30sec and both are working now. Thanks.

Elvis.

Message Edited by elvisem on 06-29-2008 12:29 AM

Journeyman

AAC format worked for me to dowload from that site and my...

AAC format worked for me to dowload from that site and my ringers were under the list with all of the other ringers

Journeyman

i never get the text message, how do you download it from...

i never get the text message, how do you download it from the website??? the myxer website help page doesn't work so I am lost right now.

Journeyman

Re: i never get the text message, how do you download it from...

The easiest way is if you register for an account there, (free), then point the phone's browser to wap.myxer.com and sign in. It will take you to your content and all you have to do is click on the item to start downloading it.

Journeyman

Thanks for all the advice. For some reason I can't log in...

Thanks for all the advice. For some reason I can't log in on myxer on my phone. It continues to say "Invalid input! Please try again. " I set up the account on my home computer and I can log in there. My downloads are lost in space. Does anyone know if you have to enable something on your phone to log into certain sights?

Journeyman

I added a few ringers from myxer. If you click settings,...

I added a few ringers from myxer. If you click settings, ringer, I can choose (for example) voice calls and scroll through the ringers and find them there. From there you can listen or assign them where you want.

Journeyman

I use mbuzzy.com to create my own ringtones...it's easy and they upload to my phone super fast. Hope this info. helps anyone looking for new ways to make their own ringtones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat