Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help advice needed... Instinct vs HTC Diamond

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help advice needed... Instinct vs HTC Diamond

Hi all,

I am contemplating a switch from the Instinct to the HTC Diamond.

I am unhappy with the Instinct browser, email and Java compliant issues...

Would the HTC Diamond have the same issues?

Thanks for all the help,

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Help advice needed... Instinct vs HTC Diamond

@csinsc wrote:

Hi all,

I am contemplating a switch from the Instinct to the HTC Diamond.

I am unhappy with the Instinct browser, email and Java compliant issues...

Would the HTC Diamond have the same issues?

Thanks for all the help,

Chris

Unfortunately no one knows the answers to your questions until people start buying and using the Diamond. Who knows. . . . .

Highlighted
Journeyman

NO the Diamond does not have ANY of those issues just the...

NO the Diamond does not have ANY of those issues just the Instinct...not even the OLD HTC TOUCH had any of these issues you will be better off believe me

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, the Diamond and Touch Pro are Windows Mobile 6.1 and will not have any issues like that. They both come with Opera 4.1 Mini, working keyboard and instant access to an ungodly amount of applications. It's a much better phone, faster processor, more onboard memory, better camera, neater gui and true VGA screen. In other words, it is an Instink killer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Patron

<blockquote><hr>PhrostByte wrote:<br>No, the Diamond and Touch Pro are Windows Mobile 6.1 and will not have any issues like that. They both come with Opera 4.1 Mini, working keyboard and instant access to an ungodly amount of applications. It's a much better phone, faster processor, more onboard memory, better camera, neater gui and true VGA screen. In other words, it is an Instink killer ;)<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Actually, the Diamond comes with the full Opera Mobile browser 9.5, which if you have seen the demos for, is super sweet.</p>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the replies....

Does the Diamond have a keyboard similar to the instinct?

Message Edited by csinsc on 09-17-2008 05:36 PM
Message Edited by csinsc on 09-17-2008 05:44 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@csinsc wrote:

Thanks for the replies....

Does the Diamond have a keyboard similar to the instinct?

Message Edited by csinsc on 09-17-2008 05:36 PM
Message Edited by csinsc on 09-17-2008 05:44 PM

Yes, the diamond does have a touch screen keyboard. The keys on the diamond are pretty narrow though. But the keyboard has several modes including predictive text. I've only seen the keyboard in portrait mode, I'm not sure if the keyboard can be switched to landscape mode. Best of all the keyboard on the diamond works with other applications, imagine that. I have ordered the Diamond Touch to replace my Instinct.

Highlighted
Patron

I have ordered a Diamond to replace my Instinct.

I will try to post an objective review and comparison for you maybe over the weekend after I have played with it some.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to switch to the Diamond also i just couldn't take the constant bugs and lack of updates to Sprint's credit gave me a pretty sweet deal for the Diamond. From what I've seen and read about the Diamond Sprint should have put they're marketing machine behind this as an Iphone killer. It has a lot of the same features the Instinct has plus a WAY better browser. Don't get me wrong though this is Windows Mobile and therefore will probably require a few resets a day but coming from the Touch it's nothing that severe that would sour me on the phone the way the Instinct did.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat