cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's an IDEA

Journeyman

Here's an IDEA

How about you stop spending as much money on advertising and put more money into buying new phones from companies or put more money into development. How is it that T-Mobile of all carriers has a phone that has better technology than any sprint phone. I've done some researching and it seems that ATT and Verizon have already added some quite impressive phones to their lineup. The problem with the instinct is that it came with too much hype. Wouldn't have as many complaints with it, if you had not put millions into the advertising side of the phone. You should have put the advertising dollars into the HTC Touch Diamond. Not that would have been a good phone to advertise about. Time to do some Restructuring of your marketing team. Someone must have gotten crunched about sales and compition to make the decision to go all out on this "Instinct." Yes I'm not a true lover of my phone. I do love some of the features. i.e. visual voicemail and live search.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Here's an IDEA

Um, Have you seen the fall line up coming from Sprint? http://www.sprintenterprise.com/newphones/

You say stop spending money on advertising... but how about spending money on the RIGHT advertising. I dont know why people dont know these phones are coming out this month or next?

You have probably seen the Ready Now commercials. It talks about it in the link above. But then there is also some new award Sprint won at CTIA. I think there was an article about it on the BAW main page. It is suppose to be some revolutionary user interface that makes it easier for people to use the phone.

The Diamond is available this now I think, as I have seen them on ebay and forum reviews. It looks really sweet.

Also, Sprint is apart of the Open Mobile Alliance along with T-Mobile. I would guess they know the value of not always being FIRST with something. Not to mention T-Mobile is a great Voice and Text carrier....they dont have near the data products SPrint and other carriers have. So probably easier for T-Mobile to get a phone out the door when they just unbox it, throw their radio in it and ship it to market. Smiley Happy

Journeyman

It amazes me how much advertising I see from Sprint other than just normal commercials. From the Sprint Cup to NFL games to all the product placement in just about every show I watch. You'd think they were rolling in money the way they advertise. And the Instinct commercials are ridiculous. I wish they'd spend some of that money to properly support the products and services they have, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Journeyman

No carriers really have anything that's more advanced than what Sprint has.

The Android's big selling points are "Google" and "open development." The phone itself isn't advanced.. in fact, the phone itself is ugly and clunky and, from initial reports, the OS is relatively barren and sluggish.

The Touch Diamond and Touch Pro are as advanced, or more advanced, than any other phone on the market from any carrier, including AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat