ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you post an update list and not respond?

Journeyman

How can you post an update list and not respond?

Sprint, you can't really be serious, right? You post that a software update will be available by the end of July after most of us will be stuck with this phone as this is after the 30 day period for most of us. You post an almost useless set of fixes and ask people to keep posting. WE HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR WEEKS. We have told you EXACTLY what's wrong. YOU NEED TO FIX THE ISSUES, THE REAL ISSUES, AND RESPOND TO YOUR OWN POST. Face it. you lied to us. This phone can't do what you said it could. ANSWER US. WE ARE ANGRY.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: How can you post an update list and not respond?

i agree (though im not that angry) we need more info, you make one single post about the update, then dont answer anymore questions... not good

Patron

I think with this phone, just as most any other piece of device, there are hardware parameters/ limitation that need to be taken into account. Obviously down grading some features to improve other will be necessary: This will cause the company to make difficult choices as to what part of the software need priority. Considering the enormous amount of users with distinct needs, this is very difficult to achieve 30 days into the release of the phone.

If any of you have any background in software coding, im sure you understand its not something that will happen overnight nationally. Think about it....the phone released 30 days ago today. issues that needed to be isolated werent appearent till atleast 2-3 weeks later, or 1-2 weeks ago. Just relax, lets see where things go. The phone is functional for its basic purposes and more.

Im just a typical consumer. I would advice any of you who disagree to try runing a national network. Just another day at the office

Patron

I would like to know what they lied to us about. I'm happ...

I would like to know what they lied to us about. I'm happy with my phone for the most part and like the user said above, it's a technical device that's going to have some issues here an there. Also, for what it's worth, I was never told or was ever under the impression that this was a "smartphone".

Journeyman

What exactly did they lie about? They never said anything about what a lot of people are complaining about. If you look at the ads/commercials it does everything they said it does. Now there are issues with the browser and such but for things like Calender Sync, IM, Ringers via SD card, etc those were never mentioned or promised to us.

Journeyman

um... for starters, "lightning fast" web browsi...

um... for starters, "lightning fast" web browsing... not even close, full JAVA support... nope again!, full webpage browsing, not even the bookmarked pages on the sprint homepage can run. the phone crashes on most of them like ebay, new york times, imdb, wikipedia, etc. etc. etc. There are a few smaller things as well such as customization and full video and music media support... nope and... nope again. Aren't you guys reading this forum? There are so many little glitches with this thing, it CLEARLY was not ready for release which was obviously hastened because of the iPhone's release. We have become the BETA testers for this product and that is not cool. Yes, some ridiculous people want this phone to make them breakfast and wash their car, and others don't take the time to figure out some of the features even though they are on the phone, but there are things that a phone should be able to do in 2008 that this phone just doesn't do even though it was advertised to do them. Please, if you're not informed, don't post.

Journeyman

um, yes they were... a couple of these things are written...

um, yes they were... a couple of these things are written right on the box for god's sake.

Journeyman

print ads and commercials are not the only place to adver...

print ads and commercials are not the only place to advertise.

Journeyman

Re: print ads and commercials are not the only place to adver...

go return it and get something else before your time runs out ... hurry

Journeyman

Re: um... for starters, "lightning fast" web browsi...

As for "lightning fast" web browsing it depends who you ask. I live in a non-EVDO area so I get 80kbps at the most ppl on here say they get around 200-300kbps I'd say in comparison it's lightning fast. Full java ok sure. Full webpage browser is available it has issues right now which are suppose to be solved with this coming update. I have no issues with video or music. So aside from java(which is coming) what else?

Message Edited by UnSTaBLE on 07-20-2008 07:28 PM
Message Edited by UnSTaBLE on 07-20-2008 07:29 PM

Patron

Re: um... for starters, "lightning fast" web browsi...

ive hit the 678kbps Typical 350kbps average. Two things are being confused here: link speed and page rendering. The browser does need tuning. Overall, personally for me, the phone works great. if its such a big hassle for you theres the 30 day policy. go for it.

Patron

@19771979mikebetsy wrote:
Sprint, you can't really be serious, right? You post that a software update will be available by the end of July after most of us will be stuck with this phone as this is after the 30 day period for most of us. You post an almost useless set of fixes and ask people to keep posting. WE HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR WEEKS. We have told you EXACTLY what's wrong. YOU NEED TO FIX THE ISSUES, THE REAL ISSUES, AND RESPOND TO YOUR OWN POST. Face it. you lied to us. This phone can't do what you said it could. ANSWER US. WE ARE ANGRY.

Well, here are some options for you:

at&t

Verizon

T Mobile

Choose the one you like, maybe follow some colors, or pick something else. If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Also, as far as I know, My Instinct does pretty well. Just because it does NOT have SOME features in the BEGGINING, it doesn't mean it wont. The iphone took one year to get where it is right now.

Calm people, patience is a good virtue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat