cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign a ringtone to all the numbers within a Contact?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I assign a ringtone to all the numbers within a Contact?

I have assigned a few ringtones to Contacts who have more than one number but it only seems to work with the first number in the Contacts list of numbers

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do I assign a ringtone to all the numbers within a Contact?

on my phone, the ringtoneswork for any phone number of that contact. The ringer is assigned to the contact - not to a number, so it should work for any numberI would think - not sure what the deal is with that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At first I thought it might be a problem with ringtones I...

At first I thought it might be a problem with ringtones I created but it's the same issue with the preloaded ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do I assign a ringtone to all the numbers within a Contact?

Once you have assigned a ringer to a contact it will ringer for that contact regardless of which number calls the device.  One thing to make sure is that every number for that contact is loaded with the area code first so when the person calls it shows their name and signals the device to the correct ringer.  Have tested this on device here and worked in this manner.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: At first I thought it might be a problem with ringtones I...

except for the ringers built into the phone, all of my ringers are "homemade". I just wish I could delete those built in ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All 3 entries under the Contact in question have the area...

All 3 entries under the Contact in question have the area code but the ringtone still only works for the first entry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmm ... I deleted the entire contact and added it again w...

Hmm ... I deleted the entire contact and added it again with just the Home phone number - it still won't work with the ringer I assign. It works with the cell number - weird.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat