cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I attach a video to email?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I attach a video to email?

I've recoreded a video on my Instinct, compose an email, and go to add an attachment. I can attach photos just fine, but I can't find the video I recorded ANYWHERE. Is it possible to find the video and attach it to the email?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Master

Open the new message tap the "paperclip" icon on the top, attach from "video" then choose Camera folder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been there and done that. The folder is empty. Even though I can navigate to the video and watch it on the phone.

Highlighted
Master

Really? Mine are all in that folder. Try this "Fun>My Photos>Camera>Tap the Envelope>Touch Pic/Video to Select>OK>Select A Contact"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I can't do it either. Email app can't find the video files in the Camera folder.

MORE INFO I just discovered:

If you go into Fun/Camera and email the video to yourself in a picturemail, then go into your picturemail and save thevideo, the email app can nowfind this saved video. For some reason, the email app can't recognize raw videos recorded on the Instinct.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 03-16-2009 06:35 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

On the subject of sending attachments, I was highly disappointed of the file size limt... making it utterly useless!

Highlighted
Journeyman

truly disapointing that the word "disapointment" has become synonymous with the instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MarkBugs wrote:

Yeah I can't do it either. Email app can't find the video files in the Camera folder.

MORE INFO I just discovered:

If you go into Fun/Camera and email the video to yourself in a picturemail, then go into your picturemail and save thevideo, the email app can nowfind this saved video. For some reason, the email app can't recognize raw videos recorded on the Instinct.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 03-16-2009 06:35 PM

I will take a look at this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any new info on this issue, bdroad?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you haven't found a handier way, you should be able to set up your account at http://pictures.sprintpcs.com and upload the pictures or video to the web site (the icon with the up-arrow, below the envelope when viewing the saved pictures). Then from the web site you can email to others, but they'll get a link to view the picture/video, not a copy. It's also an easy way to back up pictures you take when you are away from your computer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MarkBugs wrote:
Any new info on this issue, bdroad?

Check your PM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bdroad, is there going to a patch issued for the email app to allowattachingvideos filmed on the Instinct?

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 04-01-2009 10:37 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat