cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I solve the "paremeter incorrect" prob when activating Intstinct inMedia Manager?

Highlighted
Patron

How do I solve the "paremeter incorrect" prob when activating Intstinct inMedia Manager?

When I go through the steps to activate the phone in media manager, all the drivers seem to install, but after a minute or so I get the parameter incorrect error.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

This is the problem I am having (the only one I might add...

This is the problem I am having (the only one I might add). I think it is a software/OS issue. What OS are you using? I have Vista home premium with a dual core processor. I have tried disabling all of my protection software (i.e. virus scan firewall etc), I have tried changing the affinity of the program with the processors. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have called sprint and have a ticket open but I am assuming they are just as stumped. I even went to SmithMicro's site not that they have sort of support setup (which seems strange since they wrote it....Spring you might want get with them). The reason I think it's a Vista issue is it seems that most of the people who aren't having this issue are using XP....I haven't seen anyone else post about XP issues. Sprint please get SmithMicro on the ball rolling out a patch for this...I can put media on the card but I would like to try the software that came with the phone I paid for...

Journeyman

parameter incorrect error. that is my issue also. I have...

parameter incorrect error. that is my issue also. I have Vista 64 ultimate.

Journeyman

I too am having the same problem, but i have xp. I tried...

I too am having the same problem, but i have xp. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I actually considered reinstalling vista back on my pc but since i saw the previous post, guess ill just come on here everyday till someone has a solution.

Journeyman

i am having the prob too i'm using vista 32 so it must no...

i am having the prob too i'm using vista 32 so it must not be the os but a problem with the disc or software

Patron

Solved: Parameter is Incorrect Error

This is a solution that I found on sprintusers.com. It worked for me . . .

Go into device manager via the control panel. Expand the modem branch in the device manager tree.Disable any modems by right clicking on them and selecting "disable". Restart Media Manager. Connect the phone. Enter your email address and name. You should be good to go.

Apparently, Media Manager tries to communicate with the first modem it encounters as it searches for devices.

Good Luck!

Journeyman

I'm using XP and have the same problem. I did finally (af...

I'm using XP and have the same problem. I did finally (after many many many installs/uninstalls) get it to work with the 2 GB memory card that came with the phone. Then I installed a 4 GB card and it hasn't worked since. I've tried every trick in every post on the internet over and over and it will not activate. Even tried it with the original 2 GB card and now it won't work either. Frustrating. Can't find any help on the Smith Micro site and apparently Sprint doesn't know how to fix it either. You'd think between Samsung and Smith Micro they could figure it out. I'd just be happy to know that someone is working on a fix for it.

Journeyman

Re: Solved: Parameter is Incorrect Error

Hallelujah!! This one did the trick for me. I use Win2000. I can finally load my music thru the Media Manager!!

Journeyman

Re: Solved: Parameter is Incorrect Error

Do you have to do this every time you use Media Manager? Or just in order to activate? And then do you go back and enable?

Journeyman

I finally got my instinct to be able to download music us...

I finally got my instinct to be able to download music using the media manager. I too had the Incorrect Parameter problem. The solution given earlier about going to Control Panel >Device Manager and then disabling all modems except the one in use worked. Thank You!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat