cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get text's to appear in order they were sent and received?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you get text's to appear in order they were sent and received?

The threaded texting feature on this phone is great. But for some reason on my Instinct, all the texts I send to a contact are on the bottom of the thread and I have to scroll through everything i've sent just to read their incoming message. Is there any way for the texts to appear in order they were sent and recieved? Or is my phone just messed up?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do you get text's to appear in order they were sent and received?

When I hit "messages" it goes to a screen that has the contacts or phone number the text was sent from and when I press on one of these it takes me straight to the bottom(most recent) texts sent/received with that contact.

Message Edited by UnSTaBLE on 08-05-2008 12:50 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've actually read up a little more on this and found out...

I've actually read up a little more on this and found out that it's just the time attatched to the text. The time that the text is "sending" registers an hour behind the time it was actually sent. So my outgoing texts, that are actually registering the right time, show up on the bottom of the thread while the texts i'm receiving are going to the top of the thread due to the time being behind an hour. I called Sprint support and tried to fix these issues, but they told me there was nothing they could do about it. This is very frustrating because, like I said earlier, i'm having to go through all of my outbound messages to read the incoming ones. Hopefully these problems will be resolved as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I've actually read up a little more on this and found out...

I've noticed this has started happening on my Instinct as well. It was not a problem until after I did the update last week.

Highlighted
Master

Not sure if its the same thing, but mine appear correct u...

Not sure if its the same thing, but mine appear correct up to a certain time. If I scroll backward to earlier ones, all of a sudden all my sent texts are gone and only the senders text are available.

When I mean go back, I'm talking about anywhere between 50+ messages ago, maybe less. I have a text count of about 240 but only about my last 20-30 are showing. Everything newer in the thread is fine, showing both texts I received as well as texts I have sent, but all of the earlier ones are gone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, all of my messages are showing up. They are just threaded in the wrong order. If someone sends me a text at 3:45 PM, it's showing up in the thread as 2:45 PM. When this happens, the phone think's because of the time attached to the text that it was sent an hour earlier, and therefore it is put ABOVE all of my outgoingmessages that are registering around the 3:45 PM mark. I tried changing the world clock time on the phone but the world clock feature on the phone has no direct connection to the system time on the phone. This is just a very annoying and frustrating issue that I see a few people on the Sprint plan have.And I think the thing that irks me the most is the fact that when I called Sprint, they told me there was nothing they could do about it. They actually tried blaming it on my contacts phones. Real professional.

Highlighted
Master

That definitely sounds like the server your phone connects through or the server the senders phone connects through. Doesn't appear they have the time set properly on the server.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat