cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you hide text messages from popping up?

Journeyman

How do you hide text messages from popping up?

Has anyone figured out how to have your text not pop up! I know you can lock your phone and have it not show up, but what happens when someone ask you to see your phone because of it being cool and new and you get a personal text, they will be able to see the message that was sent to you! Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do you hide text messages from popping up?

On my phone, I can go to Menu>Messaging>Setting and then select Only Icon. This keeps the messages from being displayed. Try your Settings Menu.

Crystal

Sprint e-Care (chat)

Journeyman

My Phone doesn't have a Menu screen! Do u have the instinct?

My Phone doesn't have a Menu screen! Do u have the instinct?

Journeyman

Re: My Phone doesn't have a Menu screen! Do u have the instinct?

She must be speaking of a different phone. There is no setting option in the messaging screen.

Journeyman

Ha. Classic. Cut and paste support. No clue what they're talking about. rolls eyes

The real answer. You can't. A recurring theme throughout Instinct.

Message Edited by c4400 on 07-17-2008 02:00 PM

Journeyman

That is definetely a problem with me too!!! This phone ha...

That is definetely a problem with me too!!! This phone has no privacy. Between the text messages that just pop up and the visual voicemail. Im taking mine back

Journeyman

This is thee most irritating thing about this phone. Where is the privacy?? Not only does it show your picture mail and text for everyone to see but it also saves the last 20 people youve text messaged or emailed! I think Im going to go back to my Treo if they dont fix the many problems with this phone asap!

Journeyman

Well, how about it Sprint Tech Support? Put down the Role...

Well, how about it Sprint Tech Support? Put down the Roledex and look at what your customers are telling you. This issue got a horribly bad response from the call center guru that told us to use some non-existent menu system. This forum is for the SAMSUNG INSTINCT. Please check your sources before writing it off as a resolved issue.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.