Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you send pictures/videos to other carriers cell phones?

Journeyman

How do you send pictures/videos to other carriers cell phones?

My previous phone with Sprint was a Sanyo and I could send pictures to any carrier. Now with my Samsung Instinct I can only send to other Sprint users...any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do you send pictures/videos to other carriers cell phones?

Here's the answer, put the Instinct in your right hand andwait until a big bus druves by then throw it under the tire. Well at least I'm not alone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem here is due to the fact that the Instinct cam...

The problem here is due to the fact that the Instinct camera ALWAYS takes pictures at the maximum resolution, which usually yields a picture larger than 500 kB (typically around 600 kB depending on the complexity of the photo). After about an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support, here is what we discovered...It's not that you can't send pictures to phones with another carrier, the problem is that the recipients carrier rejects picture files larger than 500 kB. If you were to take a picture of, say, a white wall, your picture file would be around 200-300 kB, and you would find the picture reaches your recipient. This is the case with Verizon, though I'm not sure about other carriers. My biggest complaint about the camera feature on this phone is the lack of options. I previously had a Samsung A920 Multimedia flip phone that had a few resolution and picture quality settings that alleviated this problem (not to mention it was a 1.3 megapixel compared to the 2.0 megapixel resolution of the Instinct). Why are these features not available on a "nicer" phone? I hope that a future software update will allow the user to reduce the camera resolution, otherwise Picture Mail is a completely useless feature (I'm assuming that many Instinct owners have friends outside the Sprint network). That said, the picture/video quality is really solid in my opinion...it's not comparable to a quality digi-cam, but c'mon, it's a phone...and this camera takes some nice spur-of-the-moment photos. Just too bad the files are too big to send to other carriers.

Highlighted
Patron

well u can send it lets see if u know how to unlock it in...

well u can send it lets see if u know how to unlock it in the firmware like i did hahaha just loke sprint said u can not use this phone has phone has modem hahaha *bleep* u sprint yesssss i can

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: The problem here is due to the fact that the Instinct cam...

@mtkohl wrote:
The problem here is due to the fact that the Instinct camera ALWAYS takes pictures at the maximum resolution, which usually yields a picture larger than 500 kB (typically around 600 kB depending on the complexity of the photo). After about an hour on the phone with Sprint tech support, here is what we discovered...It's not that you can't send pictures to phones with another carrier, the problem is that the recipients carrier rejects picture files larger than 500 kB. If you were to take a picture of, say, a white wall, your picture file would be around 200-300 kB, and you would find the picture reaches your recipient. This is the case with Verizon, though I'm not sure about other carriers. My biggest complaint about the camera feature on this phone is the lack of options. I previously had a Samsung A920 Multimedia flip phone that had a few resolution and picture quality settings that alleviated this problem (not to mention it was a 1.3 megapixel compared to the 2.0 megapixel resolution of the Instinct). Why are these features not available on a "nicer" phone? I hope that a future software update will allow the user to reduce the camera resolution, otherwise Picture Mail is a completely useless feature (I'm assuming that many Instinct owners have friends outside the Sprint network). That said, the picture/video quality is really solid in my opinion...it's not comparable to a quality digi-cam, but c'mon, it's a phone...and this camera takes some nice spur-of-the-moment photos. Just too bad the files are too big to send to other carriers.

I agree - the ability to change these settings would be a nice addition. With that said, I have no problem sending photos taken with the Instinct to two different AT&T users.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat