Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone who claims they are going to switch phones/carriers

Highlighted
Patron

How is everyone who claims they are going to switch phones/carriers

managing to pay for it? Buying a new phone only 2 months after already paying $130 for one and then breaking the contract seems too expensive to me. Any insight on how do get out of my new 2 year contract?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How is everyone who claims they are going to switch phones/carriers

search rants forum on buzz but not under Instinct. for a word - Instinct.

There where plenty of threads here, that got moved there.

Basicaly you b*((^ alot to the retention dep.

Journeyman

You can sell the phone on eBay, they were supposedly still going for around $200-250, which will pay for the ETF and may recoup you a little bit of the $129. Or, Sprint supposedly has a "Vacation" plan where you cannot use the phone, but the line remains activated for $5 a month. Pay the $5 a month, let the contract expire, and you'll still be cheaper off than paying the ETF out of pocket.

Message Edited by dole on 09-24-2008 03:57 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have a $200 phone right now, that is what they sell for on ebay. That will cover your Early Termination Fee. If you want a new phone and don't wish to switch carriers, call customer service and ask for retentions. Tell the person in retentions that you are going to cancel your contract and switch carriers if they do not give you another phone. If they bring up the ETF tell them that they have not lived up to there end and falsley advertised the instinct and you will just sell the phone on ebay to pay the ETF, after contacting the BBB.

Highlighted
Patron

I'll be paying tons of money to buy a new Sprint phone. I'll be purchasing the HTC Touch Pro when it comes out. I plan to pay for it by literally skipping on buying some personal expenses (like food, gas, etc.) to save up for it. Hopefully Sprint can help me out.

Message Edited by Moth on 09-24-2008 04:07 PM

Highlighted
Patron

Sold mine for 300. That covers the ETF and 100 off my iphone. Worked for me.

Highlighted
Master

Well I paid $449.99 + $31.99 car charger + $81.99 8gb card not to mention going from a shared family plan $59.99 to switching mine to the SEP $59.99 so $120+ per/m So I've invested in this phone and pray the upgrades fix it or I'll be asking for a FREE diamond if it dont.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:
Well I paid $449.99 + $31.99 car charger + $81.99 8gb card not to mention going from a shared family plan $59.99 to switching mine to the SEP $59.99 so $120+ per/m So I've invested in this phone and pray the upgrades fix it or I'll be asking for a FREE diamond if it dont.

oh man you got ripped off.You can get an 8gb card for like $20,a car charger for about $15 and your phone for $200 (without contract).It's obvious you use the internet,now use it to save yourself money dummy. haha.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have gotteno ut of the EFT before but it took work...and I actually had ot be ready to back it up.

Simple fact is Sprint has to be proven that they are not living up to thier end of the contract. Make a big enough nusiance nad you can get out of it. I have had friends get out in order to switch tot he iPhone. But again you have to be a real pain in the butt and be ready to resort.

But you could go to the G1 and lessen the impact of the switch....me?

I just went with the HTC Diamond.

Highlighted
Master

I don't think anyone here would be complaining on how much they paid if it worked as advertised.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dole said: "Sprint supposedly has a "Vacation" plan where you cannot use the phone, but the line remains activated for $5 a month. Pay the $5 a month, let the contract expire, and you'll still be cheaper off than paying the ETF out of pocket."

Actually, when on the stanby plan, the service agreement extends by the number of months spent on the Seasonal Standby plan. Therefore, you cannot wait out your contract on the standby plan.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Aslhey,

The fact that you have to ask is amazing.

Are you new to the forums? New to the Instinct?

midp 2.0 compliant(is what you advertise)

midp 2.0 compliant(is what the phone does not do)

LCDUI

Google

"instinct not java compliant"

Check the hundreds of posts/complaints here in this forum.

This phone is more limited then a elementry fisherprice phones for kids.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat