Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone who claims they are going to switch phones/carriers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How is everyone who claims they are going to switch phones/carriers

I am sort of new, and have read serveral posts. However I was asking for you directly! Thank you for inlightening me on this information however. I am going to look into this/reserach this now!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ashley,

Concerning the 30 day policy, yes we had every opportunity to return it within that timeframe. But we also had Sprint giving us promise after promise about updates and fixing the phone, and at first the scheduled updates fell within the 30 day timeframe for a lot of people. Of course, the updates didn't come when promised, and people had to make a choice. A lot chose to stay and have faith in Sprint to make things right with this phone.

Well, 2 updates have come and gone, and while there are EXTREMELY minor improvements, this phone still has major bugs that have not been fixed.

What doesn't work as advertised, you ask?

MIDP 2 Java compliance

"Lightning Fast" browser < - Even with the update, the thing is still buggy. Some pages load slow, some don't render correctly, and still crashes. Bottom line though, it's really a poorly designed browser. The worst I've ever had on a phone.

Sprint TV < - I should get a credit for this on my bill. It is absolutely unwatchable. I have inquired about this many times here and on the dev forum, and so far can't even get Sprint to at least acknowledge this feature is majorly flawed.

Navigation < - Many people still have problems with this program. I don't use it much, but it does have issues.

Visual Voicemail < - Many people report problems with the service. I don't get 30 calls a day, so I really haven't noticed.

Sprint Radio < - Many people report problems with this. I don't use it much, so I can't comment.

Handmark News < - I STILL can not view videos through this.

I'm sure I'm missing a few. The truth is, this phone was rushed out the door to compete with iPhone 2. We all knew that and hoped that it wouldn't take too long for Sprint to get everything right. Well, they're not, and a lot of people are coming to realize that this phone will NEVER be as advertised. And with Sprint's lack of communication concerning this whole mess, it's made a lot of folks really regretting their purchase, and regretting being a Sprint customer alltogether.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ashley,

Can you type smaller and in black.

I won't go into details of how your posts sound and look.

Are you from Sprint Customer Care ?

Thank you !

Message Edited by VR4 on 09-25-2008 01:31 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

The way Sprint has been handling things, I've only been with them for 10 days and I already want to leave haha.. *bleep* guys, straighten your business up.. This is absolutely pathetic..</p><p>I've never actually seen so many complains about one business before.. None the less a phone. Bahahaha.</p><p>Oh and seriously... Get the T.V issue resolved... I like the feature, but it's honestly a huge mess. It's not even close to being watchable without getting frustrated. You can't even make out a human's face in it.</p><p>Oh and on your browser... ... lol. Where's Java at?</p><p>I'm still within the 30 days, so I guess I'm kinda lucky Smiley Indifferent.</p><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by teleforever on </span><span class="local-date">09-25-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 01:41 PM</span></div>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello all - I've just found these forums about 2 weeks ago looking for some answers on problems with my Intinct. Anyway, was reading this forum and just had to reply. I'm not one to complain about my cell phone, in fact, I usually don't go overboard with them but my contract was up and the Instinct came out and I decided to give it a whirl.

There are so many things that don't work with this phone its not even funny. Sure, i can still make a call and recieve calls but the thing is buggy as hell. One of the first I ran into was the stupid calendar. When I enter an event to repeat over a certain period of time, it only shows up for the day I entered it. What the hell is that? That not working totally makes the calander useless for me. When I watch SprintTV after a while it freezes and the speed dial screen comes up by default. I was trying to watch news video clips this afternoon at lunch and when I clicked the video icon it just brought me back to the web main screen. I could go on and on, but let me assure you all Sprint employees here that there are plenty of things wrong with this phone and you should be counting your lucky stars that people actually still want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat