cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Sprint need to connect my phone?

Journeyman

How long does Sprint need to connect my phone?

I've had my phone for about 5 hours now. Got it pretty much all setup and ready to go. The problem is that I was on fair and flex plan and they have to "convert" me to the Simply everything stuff. I can't use my old phone now, and this Instinct is becoming a paperweight since it won't make any calls, send any texts, or go on the web. Its almost 12am ET for them so hopefully the system updates quickly... You would think that it would atleast be able to make calls out of the box, but it says that "this account is not authorized to make calls to this number" and da da da, and gives this code msg 4 6696 Anyone know whats up with that?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I got ahold of tech support last night and they finally g...

I got ahold of tech support last night and they finally got someone that knew about the numbers and MSID thing. Got it working just fine, EXCEPT for the web. It's been saying it's busy since I bought it. Yesterday they said the whole network was down....yet I was using it just fine on the demo in the Sprint store, so I find it a little hard to believe, and now I've been getting text msgs from 9099 for every little thing they are doing to the account. Keeps telling me their adding services, removing services, adjusting rates. Dunno what's going on.....and its getting annoying

Journeyman

Re: How long does Sprint need to connect my phone?

Either they didn't put it on the account yet or got the wrong ESN call Sprint to check on that or they didn't program it.

To check if it is programmed go to the dialpad and dial ##786# and go to View. If your number doesn't show up you need to program it. The easiest way to do that on the Instinct is to go to the web browser and let it do its thing. If that doesn't work, a call to Sprint for the MDN and MSID would get you there as well.

Re: How long does Sprint need to connect my phone?

I have no idea what that code is

I call sprint to get my instinct Activate and i had no problems

call 1-800-777-4681

Journeyman

i had my number ported and she said supposedly it takes u...

i had my number ported and she said supposedly it takes up to 72hrs before it all goes through, my instinct works but i can only go on the web, no calls or text so far its been 24hrs already.......hopefully it goes through soon

Journeyman

been here 24 hours w/o the web services, so much for the...

been here 24 hours w/o the web services, so much for the simply everything plan!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat