Highlighted
Journeyman

How to assign a ringtone that you downloaded to a specific contact name

How to assign a ringtone that you downloaded to a specific contact name

Message Edited by Raine on 06-25-2008 05:01 PM

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Has anyone been able to download a ringtone and assign it...

Has anyone been able to download a ringtone and assign it to a particular person in your contacts.

Journeyman

Yes, Go to the contact that you want to add the ringtone...

Yes, Go to the contact that you want to add the ringtone to and tap the edit (looks like a pencil) button below the name. Then scroll down to where it says set ringer and choose the ringtone you would like to assign.

Journeyman

I get that part of setting the ringer but I don't want th...

I get that part of setting the ringer but I don't want the ringers that are in the instinct. I downloaded ringtones and I want to set those as my ringtones for specific contacts. How do you move the download ringtones into your other ringtones or how do you assign them to your contacts.

Journeyman

Re: I get that part of setting the ringer but I don't want th...

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom of the list? I noticed that the ringtones (mp3s) I added only appeared at the end of the list.

Journeyman

How do I upload music from my music files on my pc and ma...

How do I upload music from my music files on my pc and make them ringtones. I'm totally lost.

Journeyman

You can't through Sprint digital lounge, software, or pho...

You can't through Sprint digital lounge, software, or phones...they've never provided us with that capability. I did, however, manage to find a website where you can convert your music and send it to your phone as a ringer (for a one-time fee). The problem I'm having is that I'm assigning more than one ringer (different ringers for friends, family, etc), but - even though it shows that I've assigned the ringer - it defaults to the "voice calls"/main ringer. Help?

Journeyman

I used a site called Myxer.com. This sight also lets you...

I used a site called Myxer.com. This sight also lets you upload your own music and make them ringtones for free. It also lets you upload pictures to set as picture IDs for your contacts if you want. I was able to upload about 8 songs and send them to my phone as ringtones and assign them to individual contacts. Hope that helps you guys out.

Journeyman

I've tried several "create your own" ringtone s...

I've tried several "create your own" ringtone sites and have been able to succesfully pull them up via web browser. However I can't figure out how to upload them to my phone and use them. Any tips?

Journeyman

Re: I've tried several "create your own" ringtone s...

I've only tried myxer.com. I had to download the song on my computer, and then go to their website on the phone's browser and login and download it there. . . .

Journeyman

It seems every time I try to sign in to my myxer account,...

It seems every time I try to sign in to my myxer account, using the phone's browser I get an error message saying "invalid input."

Journeyman

Re: It seems every time I try to sign in to my myxer account,...

Did you try changing the browser from standard to mobile or vice-versa? I haven't done it in a couple weeks, but I think I was in mobile mode.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat