cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear "Recent list" when you text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to clear "Recent list" when you text.

When you text, there're 3 options for you to input the receiver. "recent list", "contact", and "manual". I just wanna know how you can clear the names on "recent list".

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

hit phone;history; next to recent calls there is a can '...

hit phone;history; next to recent calls there is a can ' hit it;screen will come up "delete all" or "delete some.then select the calls you want to delete

Highlighted
Journeyman

that didn't work does anyone know how to delete the recen...

that didn't work does anyone know how to delete the recent list in the text messages???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am wondering the same thing... that doesnt work for rec...

I am wondering the same thing... that doesnt work for recent list only call history. I dont think you can delete the list. I will call tech support today and see if there is something that can be done...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any help from tech support?

Any help from tech support?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was wondering the same thing, and have searched for an...

I was wondering the same thing, and have searched for an answer but with no results. I don't think it is available, maybe in a future software upgrade?

Patron

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE...PRETTY PLEASE WIT...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE...PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP! THIS IS RIDICULOUS THIS ISNT ALREAYD ON THE PHONE! Who wants no privacy on a phone????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do the same as if you'd erase your phone call history.

Do the same as if you'd erase your phone call history.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just click on text and then the trash can and it deletes...

just click on text and then the trash can and it deletes them

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How to clear "Recent list" when you text.

Do any of you read the subject of this post or do you just have no clue how to comprehend a simple sentence??? Anyone who wrote "oh uh duh you just erase your text history just like the call history...." No that is not what we are talking about, the question is how do you erase the RECENT LIST under messaging. Simple answer is you can not erase that option which I have never seen on a phone and I do not even think a software upgrade can add something like that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@sam_sung wrote:

Do any of you read the subject of this post or do you just have no clue how to comprehend a simple sentence??? Anyone who wrote "oh uh duh you just erase your text history just like the call history...." No that is not what we are talking about, the question is how do you erase the RECENT LIST under messaging. Simple answer is you can not erase that option which I have never seen on a phone and I do not even think a software upgrade can add something like that.

Geez, relax. If you don't like the answer just ignore it. We've already got the answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am very relaxed friendo. Oh really you have the answer, please share and and prove what I said wrong that every response on this subject did not even address the issue the poster asked about.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat