Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear "Recent list" when you text.

Journeyman

How to clear "Recent list" when you text.

When you text, there're 3 options for you to input the receiver. "recent list", "contact", and "manual". I just wanna know how you can clear the names on "recent list".

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

The answer is that you can't. . . . . (wow, a lot of strung out people around here)

Patron

its true. you guys are not understanding the question. Can we please get that feature on the phone?

Patron

In the meantime what I am doing is just adding all my contacts to my recent list by touching them like if I am sending a text message and then going back so they all appear on my recent list.

Journeyman

I agree this feature needs to be added, but it's not worth freaking out over. The option is very buried, it would take someone that knows the Instinct to even find that. If you just click on the contact and send a text that way you never see it, and if you just click reply or something you never see it. The only way you see it is if you reach your contacts through the messaging option. I would suggest this be added to Sprint as well, but currently there isn't a way to do so, short of resetting your phone as the Sprint admin's have said on previous threads.

Journeyman

Unfortunatel at this time there is not a way of deleting the Recent Contacts list.  I have forwarded the concern to our software developers for this option.  The only work around there is for this is to go to Main Menu>Settings>Reset>Reset Settings.  This will delete the Recent Contacts list for the text messages but will also reset all of the other all of your favorites from the Home setting on the phone, it will leave your speed dial list though.

Journeyman

@Sprint151 wrote:
Unfortunatel at this time there is not a way of deleting the Recent Contacts list. I have forwarded the concern to our software developers for this option. The only work around there is for this is to go to Main Menu>Settings>Reset>Reset Settings. This will delete the Recent Contacts list for the text messages but will also reset all of the other all of your favorites from the Home setting on the phone, it will leave your speed dial list though.

Not really what I'd call a "solution" in practical terms...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Wow - noisy thread.

First, you cannot currently delete the 'recent' list in text messaging.

Next, because of requests specifcially from this forum, that feature is being added to a future software release; I do not know which one.

So, it is coming, and thank you for your comments and interest in the Instinct!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat