cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get navigation audio over bluetooth?

Journeyman

How to get navigation audio over bluetooth?

I have a Parrot CK3100 that works fantastic with my Instinct when it comes to voice calls.

However, it only activates for telephone calls. I can't get any audio to play over it, such as navigation or songs.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: How to get navigation audio over bluetooth?

There are many different Bluetooth profiles to support different functions.

I don't think the Parrot CK3100 supports the A2DP profile that would be necessary to play music.

As for navigation, nobody's getting that over any bluetooth device on the Instinct right now due to a bug. (Somebody please tell me if I'm wrong about that - I'd love to get the nav voice over a headset

Sprint Product Ambassador

Navigation should send the audio over your Bluetooth - songs will require a stereo (A2DP) headset.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

its not just the ck3100, i have a parrot mk6100 that plays MP3's and supports A2DP, however voice navigation does not play over the bluetooth profile, nor does the sprint radio. call notifications can be recieved over bluetooth but text and calander are not even though music is muted for them.

also after the update half of my texts recieved will cause my bluetooth system to start ringing like i am recieving a call even though i am not, and if i hit the answer button it attempts to call them

Sprint Product Ambassador

Odd.  We've been testing internally too and found that navigation directions do not come out through the Bluetooth device - only the handset speaker.  It used to work...

Appears something changed.  Not sure if that was on purpose or not.  The navigation vendor has expressed concern that the potential lag sending directions over Bluetooth could cause someone to miss a turn.

As I find out more, I'll let you know.

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

You'd have to be driving pretty fast for lag on bluetooth to cause you to miss a turn. LOL. - Dave

yeh

yeh

Wizard

Sorry, it's not just the Instinct, but it's ANY phone using a version of the TeleNav Navigator (Sprint Navigator is a custome version).

We've been fighting this battle seemingly forever directly with Telenav, but their support is, well, not supporting Bluetooth.

See here as merely one example: http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.php?t=1367

EDIT: Here are a couple more examples...
http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.php?t=4913
http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.php?t=5635

Message Edited by Tomas on 08-09-2008 05:17 PM

Journeyman

i was having this problem before the last update as well so if it changed it would have been prior to that,

however the texts ringing like calls didn't happen until this last update.

also i've noticed that music starts cutting in and out after about 20 min of playback through my bluetooth system (like pulling headphone plug halfway out and back in. stereo/quiet mono...back to stereo)although i believe this might be a Parrot issue as it seems to only happen with louder volume settings. i'll contact the parrot forums to see if anyone else is having this issue

i've had several issues with the navigator as well, once when it froze up on me...(recovered after several minutes) and once where i stopped and it kept going all the way to the destination (like it was attempting to compensate for a lost signal and continue directions....which ended up taking me to someones house instead of the business listed anyways)

Journeyman

Please tell TelNav that your Instinct customers want blue...

Please tell TelNav that your Instinct customers want bluetooth working on nav directions asap. I almost spent $100 to upgrade to a headset that I was told would work on nav.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a bluetooth that cost me $129 you would think that...

I have a bluetooth that cost me $129 you would think that it would work but aparently is has it's flaws too works well with calls, but no audio for songs, nor nav, and not TV

Journeyman

Re: I have a bluetooth that cost me $129 you would think that...

Don't blame your BT. The problem is with the phone and with TeleNav - neither of whom want to admit it is their fault....

dolon79 wrote:
I have a bluetooth that cost me $129 you would think that it would work but aparently is has it's flaws too works well with calls, but no audio for songs, nor nav, and not TV

Previously Sprint thought the GPS sound would come out if you used "stereo headsets" - like that would be safe when driving to have both your ears blocked from outside noises!!

Not being any kind of technician, but just from my own experience, the sounds from the TV, radio, music and the GPS are following a different path to send out the sound - a different path than the phone calls & related message signals use.

So don't blame your BT!!! Home Depot has a cheap (under $10) cassette adapter made by GE that you can pop into your cassette tape player in your car if it has one, plug it into the earphone jack on the phone, and make the GPS, etc louder through your car audio. That is not an ideal solution, but it does work as an option..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat