cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take photos for contacts

Highlighted

How to take photos for contacts

The Instinct doesn't make you switch to a special mode to take a photo for your address book contacts - it just works!

To take a photo to use for an address book picture, switch to camera mode.  Center the subject in the middle of the frame, holding the camera horizontal, just like you would with any other camera.  Take the photo, then click the 'See Photos' button in the lower right.

From there, view the photo you just took by tapping on it.  Tap on the green arrow button in the lower right again to assign it to a Picture ID.  The Instinct will automatically rotate and zoom in on the center of the photo to make the Picture ID!

Simple and it just works!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no way to zoom on the camera is there? This is the one thing I find that really lacks on this phone and is available on many other less advanced cheaper phones. I have found that to take a picture of anything I have to get within a couple of feet or the pic is worthless...what a shame. Can this be fixed with an update or something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the tip! I was going to try to search my computer for pics of my friends and family, but this way seems to be a more fun way to do it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"The Instinct will automatically rotate and zoom in on the center of the photo to make the Picture ID!" The instinct does not "rotate" the picture. If I didn't take the picture the correct way (horizontally), it does not rotate it. Is there any way to manually rotate the picture?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The camera feature also needs a flash......Is there a flash going to be added soon?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Adding a flash would not be possible with a software upgrade. Sorry, we're all stuck with flashless phones until we go out and buy a new one.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat