cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unblock short code messages

Journeyman

How to unblock short code messages

I was experiencing difficulty getting content from www.myxer.com to download to my phone via a text message. I initially had no problems in uploading a file from my computer and then within 5 minutes, receiving the text message containing the URL that has the uploaded content. Apparently, the site only allows 3-4 uploads before requiring an account. Due to all the problems I had with the web browsing, I kept losing the custom ringer when my phone would get reset.

Yesterday, I tried several times without success to get the myxer site to send me the uploaded content via text message. I wrote in to their support and they indicated that messages coming from a short code such as 12345 are blocked vs a message coming from a person in the contact list. For some unexplained reason, I tried again today to receive the content that I uploaded, and I successfully received the message.

Is there something on the Sprint network or on the phone itself that causes messages from short codes to be blocked?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How to unblock short code messages

Yes, we do have a system to block all short codes that is not avilable in your online account where you can block specific numbers or codes. Please call or chat in and we would be happy to lift the block at your request.

Journeyman

Thank is correct if you call or chat in we are able to unblock the number and allow third party short codes to be able to access the telephone number.

Master

C'mon did either of you "REPS" even read the whole post?

Yesterday, I tried several times without success to get the myxer site to send me the uploaded content via text message. I wrote in to their support and they indicated that messages coming from a short code such as 12345 are blocked vs a message coming from a person in the contact list. For some unexplained reason, I tried again today to receive the content that I uploaded, and I successfully received the message.

There is no block that needs removed! The texting is unreliable. Period. We don't always receive our text in a timely manner (if at all) and has been an issue for a lot of people. How can there be a block if it works one day and the next it don't then again the next day it works?

Journeyman

Levi4u: I would have to say that what you posted about the text messages would be a fair assessment, although,I haven't contacted Sprint to verify the statement about there being a block for short code messages. What's the point of this? I understand that it may be to prevent spam, but if I don't text something out to a short code, how am I going to get somethng sent to me?

Tonight, I went back to the myxer site and found another ringer that I wanted. I signed in to my account and followed the steps to send it to my phone. That process was completed at 8:15 p.m. guess what??? An HOUR later, NO message received from the myxer site. The fact that just last night I successfully got a ringer uploaded to myxer and then got the text reply within 5 minutes, and tonight I get no reply has to support the fact that the texting is unreliable as stated. It took at least FIVE uploads of the SAME file before I could get a text message reply.

So, Monday night, the texting doesn't work. Tuesday night it does work. Wednesday night at this time I have tried TWICE without success to get a text reply from myxer. The myxer site specifically states that other Instinct users have reported this.

Journeyman

Once again, the issue of not getting text messages has returned.

I have been in contact with Sprint support as was suggested by responses to my original post. There was no block on short code messages or any other type of block to begin with. When I mentioned that I have had to get the text message content sent as many as FIVE or SIX times in a row, there seemed to be no concern about this. In fact, in the chat discussion when I posted that I had finally received the content after requesting it five times in a row, the response was basically "Great, is there anything else I can help with?"

I just simply don't understand why I can't get content from myxer.com in a timely manner. I've tried FIVE times so far today, and each attempt has failed. That was with a ringtone. I then tried to get a wallpaper image downloaded to my phone same exact problem. The text message never gets received.

So, there is no block on my account for any text messages. The myxer site specifically mentions that others with the Instinct phone have the same problem. Now, I have been able to receive content in the past from Myxer, and sometimes instantly. There absolutely has to be some explanation as to why one day I will receive content immediately, and then the next time, it just won't come at all.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.