ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an 'exceeded limit for songs. Delete some songs and retry' error when accessing my music.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I get an 'exceeded limit for songs. Delete some songs and retry' error when accessing my music.

I successfully downloaded 616 songs -610 wma format with the rest mps- but get an error message when trying ti access them in My Music. Using an 8gh sdhd card and I have over 5gb left after the songs. Is there a limitation of songs regardless of the card size? I find it hard to believe that all my songs cannot be accessed. If youhave a solution please forward.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

I had the same problem. I had a large number of songs, ~1...

I had the same problem. I had a large number of songs, ~1200 with some wma and some mp3. Once i converted all the wma to mp3 the problem went away. I used Switch which is free if you only are doing this type of conversion. http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html Hope this helps. BTW, i installed an 8GB microSDHD card and it is working fine.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: I get an 'exceeded limit for songs. Delete some songs and retry' error when accessing my music.

Fancy!  I'll ping the Product team and see if they know anything about this.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Can someone please help me with this issue. I LOVE my pho...

Can someone please help me with this issue. I LOVE my phone, but I do want it to do everything it's supposed to do like download music. I have one song on my phone, and I purchased that one thru the phone itself. Now everytime I go to download music from the media manager, I get the same message everyone here is getting. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP US.!!.

Journeyman

Re: Can someone please help me with this issue. I LOVE my pho...

I'd be interested in the solution as well. One of my Instincts has a few hundred songs and it works fine. The other has 3 songs and it gives me this error. I thought that WMA was the big problem but it didn't seem to solve the issue for my one phone.

Journeyman

Re: I get an 'exceeded limit for songs. Delete some songs and retry' error when accessing my music.

The phone will hang importing songs if any are in wma format. You have to put them into mp3 format for it to import them properly.

Journeyman

Interesting... I got the same error moving about 100 song...

Interesting... I got the same error moving about 100 songs using the included software (media manager thingy). I then connected to my Instinct via USB as a drive and deleted all the songs, chose a smaller number (29) and everything worked fine... and HALF those songs are WMA's !! I'm no digital audiophile, but my theory is that it can't handle "protected" wma... when you rip from a CD (using Media Player) if you have the protect option set (Rip...Options...Rip Music tab) your wma's end up with some encryption requiring "rights" to play. With just one encrypted wma it could (in theory) throw off your whole catalog.

Journeyman

Re: Interesting... I got the same error moving about 100 song...

I had to convert my files to .mp3 and reduce the cover art size to 250 by 250 using sanze mp3 art resizer.

Journeyman

I have the same error too. This is the first time I've had a phone that plays MP3's do this to me! The Palm Treo and HTC touch didn't give me these problems.

Journeyman

Will, any word on this yet? This is the exact error message I get:

Error: Maximum number of songs exceeded.

Please remove some songs and restart the application.

The only action I can perform at this point is "Exit". Please advise.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat